Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: British Cavalry 075

Will teh casting not be smaller than teh master figure shown here.

Awaiting more mews on when these figure appear maybe greek cavalry ?.so Awaiting Bashi Bazouks who i guess could fight these brittish cavalry also.

Head for the guns hank
Will teh casting not be smaller than teh master figure shown here.

Awaiting more mews on when these figure appear maybe greek cavalry ?.so Awaiting Bashi Bazouks who i guess could fight these brittish cavalry also.
Even if teh casting is smaller than teh masters, the relative sizes will be the same; the rifles will be 'fatter' than the men's legs. And that's just not right.

And I don't know anything about any fights, in WW1, between brittish cavalry and greek cavalry, or brittish cavalry and Bashi Bazouks. Could you tell us some more about these encounters, head for teh guns hank?

If I had to guess, Hank means using these guys as Greek cavalry in a fight against Bashi Bazouks representing irregular Turkish cavalry during the Turkish War of Independence. Of course, I think that Creek cavalry in that War wore tunics cut more like those of Italian or late-war French cavalry.

I could see them being used as Greek Cavalry in the Greek-Turkish conflict of 1919-1922.

Samogon
If I had to guess, Hank means using these guys as Greek cavalry in a fight against Bashi Bazouks representing irregular Turkish cavalry during the Turkish War of Independence. Of course, I think that Creek cavalry in that War wore tunics cut more like those of Italian or late-war French cavalry.
Why guess? head for teh guns hank specifically says, "Awaiting Bashi Bazouks who i guess could fight these brittish cavalry also". Which is clear that he means other nations armies fought the brittish cavalry AND the Bashi Bazouks did ALSO. I am interested to read about the engagements he means. From the horse's mouth, so to speak.

On the subject of using these not-yet-released brittish cavalry as maybe greek cavalry; what rifle/carbine did the greek cavalry use? Was it enormous? And in the Greco-Turkish War, did the Turk use poison gas that affected only horses?

I think, perhaps, the masters for the horses are for the 'British Cavalry (late)' set (number 114) because, as David O'Brien says, the equipment they have doesn't match that on the masters shown for the riders. Or maybe the same horses will be used in both sets, and we can trim off what isn't necessary for the early war set.

Re: British Cavalry 075 and re enactors

Dear All

Further to my observations. Here is a pic, from the Landships WWI Forum, of recent re enactors. This time with lances.

( more pics on the Landships WWI Forum)

Notice the position of the girth/straps and the saddle and the length of the sword etc. The rider's feet almost touch the top of the horse's forelegs. These horses do not have neck ropes which normally fix to the bridle and the horse equipment is a reasonably pared down version.

Many WWI British Cavalry and Yeomanry regiments fought on foot so it is shame not to include dismounted troopers.

David

It is very kind and proper of you to credit Landships in your post, Mr. O'Brien. Your sense of protocol contrasts favourably with that of Mr. David Bailey, webmaster of patriotfiles.com, who has copied over 200 articles from Landships and posted them on his own site, pausing only to remove the names of the original authors and any reference to their source.

Thank you.

Dear Warwick
A superb site. Always my first port of call on WWI topics.

David

Landships - awesome site

If I might be so presumptuous, thank you for your kind remarks on behalf of all who have contributed to Landships over many years.

Perhaps you would care to pass on your views to Mr. Bailey regarding his decision to appropriate all the information:

webmaster@patriotfiles.com

Re: British Cavalry 075 Will Strelets remake the rifles??

Warwick Hunt
If I might be so presumptuous, thank you for your kind remarks on behalf of all who have contributed to Landships over many years.

Perhaps you would care to pass on your views to Mr. Bailey regarding his decision to appropriate all the information:

webmaster@patriotfiles.com

I will do that too.

But getting back to the 'Thread'.

Do Strelets listen to our critiques ?
As these British cavalry are very desirable but the rifles are not.
Will Strelets be asking the Sculptor to remake the rifles ?

p.s. I have just bought yet another set of the 'French Army's camp. What a wonderful set !
Is Strelets still using that Sculptor ?

sr dacians were retooled and what a difference it make.my observation, m. murat is maybe it is really the riders need to be made bigger, some cavalry riders in the sets are much smaller tham infantry guys. plus horses look then quite big.

french camp yes a classic set.the wagon was pretty crude and could have done little better. this has me little worried about artuillery sets coming in august .but sr french camp and sr nap command set very much detailed awesome.

Head for the guns hank
sr dacians were retooled and what a difference it make.my observation, m. murat is maybe it is really the riders need to be made bigger, some cavalry riders in the sets are much smaller tham infantry guys. plus horses look then quite big.

The riders are really good. They should be left as they are.
The dimensions of the precast resin rifles are wrong.
They do not go with such well sculptured cavalrymen.
I do hope Strelets read our comments and REPLACE those rifles.(Please)

The horses look that they will be alright except for the furniture.
I suspect that the same set of horses will be used for the 'Late British Cavalry,
Therefore the equipment will be more appropriate for them but some prudent surgery will be required to make the horse-furniture suitable for set 075

dear dear it is to be hard on the sculptor,m. murat i dont know how they do much so patientce,i appreciate what they do but these metals are they outsourced? or do the same sculptor make as well. not my business but maybe it is a reason teh figures have been shelved for so long.

i think if people criticise the observation which is a good thing and kind they supply plenty of proof which is a good thing like the links above. however there must be good reasonable source to produce them as seen.

so far our new releases apr/may we have the double jacket seam of rtw dragoon and now smle too big on war1 brittish.

iunderstand the rouskie jacket as in the movie that circulated re polish uprising ,it was double jacket,perhaps was teh template chosen .i wonder/
regardlessthe figures still nice. i take time to buy these as its bashi bazouk or bust first.

Dear Murat,

the rifles will be modified. The horses indeed will be used for the late war period as well as we believe that trimming off the gas mask fixture will be an easy task even for inexperienced collector.

Regards,

Strelets

Thank you Strelets for your reply.
It is good news that the rifles will be modified.
Cutting them off and replacing them would have been quite a chore.
Now I shall buy lots of them.
I look forward to seeing the Late British Cavalry and the Honved.

Strelets
Dear Murat,

the rifles will be modified. The horses indeed will be used for the late war period as well as we believe that trimming off the gas mask fixture will be an easy task even for inexperienced collector.

Regards,

Strelets

Again Strelets has taken a very positive attitude towards its customers. You know how to keep your customers happy.