Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bashi Bazouks-Circassians

Thanks David for the article I did suspect that the Cossacks did fight for the Turkish as well as the Russians and this confirms it although, it looks like they were really fighting for their self's.

I think the Strelets set 026 Terek Cossacks would cover these perfectly and would still rather see 3-4 extra figures dressed in a more Turkish style no hoodies either.

I do not know weather the Bashi Bazouks still used the Lance in 1877/8, if they did then I would like to see a couple of Lancers included to replace the Cossacks which could be added to a future big box set such as Sevastopol.

Re: Bashi Bazouks-Circassians

Dear Brian
The Bashi Bazouks in the RTW 1877/78 had large contingents of Circassians (as did the regular army)so for completeness it seems logical to include them. Somebody just buying RTW Bashi Bazouks would expect to find some Circassians in the set. The hoods and overcoats are for the winter war leave them out and which BBs go with the winter clothed Turks or Russians?. The Russians also had Terek Cossacks (6 regiments)in the RTW who had more of a uniform than the Circassians in the Bashi Bazouks who were in the civilian national costume.
I think Strelets have got the composition reasonably right within the limitations of 12 poses for their intended use in conjunction with the other sets for the Russo Turkish War 1877/78. If they fit other periods then that is a bonus.

David