Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The New Bashi-Bazouks

Wow what great figures...Hicks and Gorden in the Sudan and for the Northwest Frontier...eeeeekkkkkk

And seeing that we can preorder now at Hannants too!!

Bashi-Bazouks

Dear Duncan
I think it is an interesting first step.
Bashi Bazouks on foot,skirmishing and before battle (smoking and with lady friends etc) would seem the logical next step for the Orientalists amongst us.

The painter Jean-Léon Gérôme did lots of studies of them

Google-Jean-Léon Gérôme Bashi Bazouk.

Most of the figures should have a little more volume behind to represent the skirts or baggy trousers flowing over the saddle see the Perry ones in the Sudan-British range. More Green stuff work.

David

STRELETS 1ST **** Re: Bashi-Bazouks

Yes some on foot.My favorite Bashi Bazouk figure is teh mounted rifleman firing. It would be good to have some on foot firing blunderbuss shotguns and an array of weoponry ,some knife fighters and some famous impetuous "storm" attack to oppose SR CW Cossack Infantry.

Yes these are look great to pitch against terek cossacks. Mix in some SR Kuban ww1 cossack also will work.I think we can have much fun with options arising.

I would dearly love to see a Serbian/Montenegren set of 44 regular SR figures to help expand out teh CW-RTW ranges.With a form of balkan transport cart.

August i believe will be a very important time for Strelets with RTW ARTILLERIE sets of Turkey and Russia.

ps HAT 17th that is mean

It is on my list (Que) of things to do - A Russian army circa 1885 to take on the Brits on the North West Frontier...and now with the launch of the 1877 range I will get a little closer to that ambition...

I do like the look of the new Bashi-Bazouk masters thou...and will deffinately add these to my Sudan range...and even convert a few into Afgans etc...

As for the 17th...well

Interestingg campaign with no doubt different indian factions recuited too supporyt either side.

That guy behind teh wall, he look like he is not doing something in teh correct place !