Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WW 1 cavalry, and a question to Strelets

The contribution of the converted early french cuirassiers from german cuirassiers is great. As I have fairly recently started to work on my WW 1 russians, I have to ask Strelets why didn't they make russian lancers? They had a different uniform from the other russian cavalry. Any new WW 1 cavalry sets would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WW 1 cavalry,

Yes Top work by Mssr. Richard It is awesome to see developments from basic figures reconstructed to help extend collections.Keep up teh good work and hope to see plenty more of these very fine conversions.

It also tells me how much teh HISTORIANS often skip initial battles/campagns are always over looked(eg Kalafat in CW ,early acw and early ww1 until recently opening up/

Something always fascinate me is German WW1 Artillery mounted .I recall it is really first soldiers i see in b&w filmed in action.So that impresseds me.

I read :With the German Guns "by Preussian Herbert Sulzbach which is very inspiring contemporaary autobiographie tells about his basic training thru froont line service. it is in paper abck and affordable $12.00 approx isbn 1-84415-019-4.maybe cheaper now as i buy it several year ago.

very unique about thiss author is that he fought for germany in ww1 and for british in ww2 .he was commissioned by both Kaiser and King George.So it is a well balanced opinion.You can dismiss there being any politicsl content ,this very much just a soldiers book of reminiscence.

Re: WW 1 cavalry,

thank you mr Radu and Hank, other converted figures are underway. I complete the early WW1 "dragons et chasseurs à cheval Français" and 2 French cuirassiers from the S-R ww1 german cuirassier box set.
Pictures will be sent soon.

I also want to thank the manufacturers for their production and in particular S-R. It's true that it's a difficult thing to satisfy all the needs of fans, let us be patient or why not to do it ourself the figures we need ,glue, putty , hard work and fun, that's all.