Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cremean war

Dear Sir.I see on the web site the number903 THE THIN RED LINE and on the box there are standing SCOTISH and in the box TURKISH now is my question when coming thereal THIN LINE out!!?? Best regards maurice thanks

Re: cremean war

Maurice,

Sorry but I think you're wrong !
There are 147 figures in the box !!
In fact, there are the new Turkish + Highlanders + Russian infantry + Russian hussars.

Please follow this link and check the revue :
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1574

Hope it will help you.

Re: cremean war

you really mean teh "thin red fez" and hidden turkish placed guns [along wozonroff road yes. those scotish almost missed teh battle because they have so many sick with them fronm balaclava.

Crimean War the Thin Red Line

Dear Maurice

Strelets have given you the whole episode
Russian infantry attack the doughty Turkish defenders of the redoubts that straddle the Woronzov road. The Russians take the redoubts. Some of the Turks then join the Highlanders who then face 4 squadrons of the Hussars of Ryzhov. The first volley from the 93rd and remaining Turks persuades the Russians not to continue though there were no reported deaths from this exchange. The Russians wheel to their left back to the main body of their cavalry.

Most if not all in the box. The only thing missing is allied artillery apart from the redoubts most would be positioned "off stage".

The Thin Red Line lasted about 15 mins. The defence of the redoubts about 2hrs. The whole Balaclava battle (Heavy and Light Brigade charges together 0915-1120 hrs) was more or less over by noon ie from 0600hrs opening shots to 1200hrs.

David

Re: Crimean War the Thin Red Fez

No David .there is so plenty evidence to support the story. There were a few thousand Turks in position which (prearranged per Scarlett and Campbell ) were receiving the withdrawing Turks from the redoubts.(map will be shown)This shows the killing zone that had been prepared for the defence battle of Balaclava.The plan worked(and would have been executed in piece had not teh Russians saw what was hapening and withdrew).

If you understand teh entrenched supporting gun line positions and effective ranges around kadikoi(Canrobert Hill/Gordon Hill etc) you will read this more easy when you see the map and the texts.It is very mathematic.

The 93rd (and Queens 409th Sickbay Rangers)limping uphill tagged onto the turks ! position. The Turks were already deployed in line and engaging the russians.It really should have been the "thin red fez".

From where the hyped up obserevirs were they only saw the 93rd, due to smoke emitted from the turks already firing at teh rouskies close quarters. The 93rd version is pure pomped up paparazzi propaganda of the day. Checkout teh battlefield land per satelite.

All available evidence will be paraded online in JANUARY 2011. So be prepare to SEE final broadsides presented that will sink this argment forever....
Professori , trust me for once on this

Re: Crimean War the Thin Red Fez

Dear Hank

Sorry but this is history forum stuff not 1/72nd plastic figures. The Thin Red Line is the name on the box and a saying that has passed into the English language( hence the title of James Jones novel about Guadalcanal or as in Kipling's Tommy).

Fair enough, my views may be revised by your Jan 2011 refereed? publication but until then I will stick with the several authoritative publications and eye witness accounts and make up my own mind.

David