Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 7 wonders of 1/72 scale world

1 pegasus us d-day rangers
2 zvezda medieval bombard
3 caesar greek hoplites
4 waterloo 1815 nap. mounted officers
5 strelets viking shield wall
6 hat napoleonic fench COMPLETE wagon park
7 orion polish winged hussars

Zvezda russian knights.
Italeri union cavalry.
Zvezda mounted samurai.
Strelets Light Brigade set.
Zvezda medieval artillery.
Hat greek hoplites.
Revell HYW french knights.

1. Strelets: Crimean War Range & Russian Themes
2. RedBox: Boxer Rebellion Range
3. Orion: Boxer Rebellion Chinese
4. Giant of Hong Kong: Copies of Britain's & Herald Swoppets and Eyes Right Series + Chinese Castle and Knights Castle in HO Scale
5. Atlantic: Greek Warship and Ancient War Machines
6. Airfix: Covered Wagon, U.S. Cavalry, WWI Range, and lots more!
7. Revell: Napoleonic and German Limbers with Cannons

1) Italeri Napoleonic Command
2) Zvezda Prussian Grenadiers of Frederick the Great
3) Italeri Union Artillery Set (3 Different guns)
4) Orion Polish Winged Hussars
5) Pegasus WW2 Russian Naval Infantry
6) Caesar Greek Hoplites
7) HAT WW2 British Mortars

Dear Bert,

Along with Strelet's efforts to make the world a little bit of a better place with it's great themes - you mentioned another single stand-alone set worthy of being one of the "Single Set 7 Wonders of the 1/72 Scale World" ... "Orion Polish Winged Hussars." Anyone who loves this hobby would have to take a double-take when seeing this set fully de-sprewed, set up on a table top, and especially in all the natural colors it is available in ... It's simply "Uniquely beautiful" when fully assembled, as it needs to be.

Head For The Guns Hank, at that time, turned me on to the DVD "1612". All I could, and still can understand of the text is "??????", but a picture is worth a 1000 words, so I bought multiple sets of all colors available of these awesome Polish Winged Hussars, and also as the DVD showed, bought heaps of Ceasar's Conquistadores to fight with/against them, as the DVD shows.

Sorry (yadda yadda yadda - it's Friday Nite) my point being you are right, the Orion Polish Winged Hussars in so many glorious colors, and uniqueness, belong in the maybe could become annually famous only for fun HFTGH's Awards ... "7 Wonders of the 1/72 Scale Toy Soldier World."

Happy Collecting - GC

I actually like this topic: you don't have to agree, you can give names of sets endlessly, because there are so much wonders of 1/72 scale world, and you can point people on sets/kits/dio's etc. they might have overseen.
It's a very positive topic!
regards!

I was finding this impossible to decide so I just thought that seen it was Strelets forum I would just concentrate on the wonders of Strelets figures. Even then I had problems and so covered myself a bit by counting all the Roman sets as one. I could do 7 favourite sets with any of the large companies but combining all sets from all manufacturers into one list of seven is too hard to try, so here in no paticular order are my 7 favourite strelets sets

strelets Medieval Britain
strelets French army camp
strelets crimean Highlanders
strelets Roman sets
strelets From Narva to Poltava
strelets into the valley of death
strelets French Foot Dragoons and Polish Grenadiers.