Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last Assault of Sevastopol

Keep up the good work Strelets ,if it wasnt for you guys the hobby would be still circling around napoleoniques and war2 zzzz. This is a lovely set much detail and effort by teh sculptor appreciated.

Thank goodness for your fresh entrepreneurship and determination to cover Russian history in 1/72 and your thankful enemies. Please keep it coming, and more east european & oriental sets.

Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)

I totally agree about doing something new. They're great at that.

Would anyone be interested in French Foreign Legion and Mexican Irregular Cavalry and Mexican Infantry for the Battle of Camerone 1863?

Okay, so why just a specific battle?

Well, Strelets is just starting a new series with RTW, and they continue to expand CW and RCW, so the last thing they need is a new series. But with Camerone, we (I) would finally get Maximillian Adventure French and Mexicans. I already have Strelets Chasseur d'Afrique and Zouaves, and hopefully there will be French artillery from Strelets in the future, but the French Infantry in Mexico had a different uniform than Crimea. Fortunately, the uniform of the Infantry and Foreign Legion and Chasseur a'Pied is similar enough that a set of Foreign Legion could be painted for each. But there are no suitable Mexicans right out of the box. So these three sets are for Camerone, but they could be used for the whole war.

They could be done as 3 mini sets. The infantries would be 12 poses each (don't forget the Soldadera in the Mexican set) and the Mexican irregular cavalry would be in a special 12 figure set (they were lancers so just a couple lancer poses, a rifle pose, and a couple foot). So the "special" mini mounted set would be 2 sprues of six poses, four mounted (standard pose of holding lance upwards at the side, pose of ring-hand to thrust forward with lance, and a lancer thrusting sideways, and firing rifle, standard poses that don't need much variation, but you need many sprues to have mass columns, or mass charges, etc) and of course 2 foot, one firing one advancing. then two sprues of 4 horse poses. There, a inexpensive (relatively speaking) set. With few simple useful poses that you need many of.

That is the key. Three simple sets that are mini, and standard. A good way to see if there is any interest. I think/hope you would be surprised at the demand/sales.

Any demand out there?

Please be honest. And please give Strelets a chance to see if there is interest. Usually every thread gets hijacked and people throw other random want lists on it, then it just gets messy and no one can see the results clearly. So if Camerone ain't your cup of tea, please start a new thread.
Thanks
Arlin

Re: Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)

I would buy sets for the battle of Camerone and would love to see STrelets make these. great suggestion.

Last Assault from Sevastopol - keep on bearing

No stick to your guns Strelets ,camerone its a bad finacial hole .Only 80 legionaire .Stick with big battles.Make 1800 artillery systems to compliment your french and russian figues for CW RTW and FPW then w look at smaller campaigns.Then you an sell more figures already made.

Guns are badly needed ,your streLets zouave figures would make fine CAMERONE legionnaires already.nobody buys mexican imex.btw The figures are already available plenty with little conversion.

This Loveley SR French command set most likely convertable for RTW also until real set evolves.Looking on bright side of things.
Send for the guns its time to have a technical year in production to augment teh fine figures you make..

Re: Last Assault from Sevastopol - keep on bearing

Ah, but as I pointed out, the figures could be used for more than just Camerone. They could also be used for big battles: Puebla 1862 (Cinco de Mayo) and Puebla 1863, and Mexico City. Maybe the Mexican infantry with sombreros could fight late Spanish Infantry in shakos (if someone besides LW makes them)in 1811-1821 Mexican Independence War. And the sombrero Mexicans could also be used in Mexican American War as militia.

And I also want French Artillery for Crimea to be made. They could be for Crimea, Italy, Mexico, even Franco-Prussian War. Hey you got your Turks, let me have my Mexicans!

Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)

I'd buy Camerone. Your sculptor is groomed well for this theme. Seems natural to grow into this range involving French. And Mexicans too! Lots of variety of Mexicans.

Last assault of sevastopol

I disagree, IT IS MORE NATURAL FOR S-R TO HAVE Russian based wars, not American.
again if artillery systems of 1800's are made which will unite many cross over wars THEN we all have a bigger and better chance of these flash in teh pan wars. "think outside teh box".back to teh future

Re: Last assault of sevastopol

Totally support Mexican suggestion. Don't understand why HFTGH gets so angry whenever anyone suggests something that does not involve Russia. It is like he wants Strelets all for himself. Dude - there are other people out there besides you - try to share - otherwise you will have to go home. Looking forward to RTW line of figures.

Re: Last assault of sevastopol

Its pure mathematical . 4 sets of guns .120 approx inf and cav .Come on look at teh statistics.With more guns we can achieve more campaigns.

I do not liek to build incomplete collections.I do like big collections.It is very co$tly trying to get stand in performers as you will find out soon for teh gaps.

I am not angry.... i do not know where you misrepresent me i am very happy i have completed my figures and stand ins in lieu of sr making guns etc.
I wait in hope as always for sr cw guns systems.

Now i work on terrain so i am ahead of schedule.

Does anyone want Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)?

Okay, so we know what hftgh wants, but Does anyone want Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)?

That was basically what I was asking. Rather than hijack the thread...

Re: Does anyone want Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)?

Yes. That would be great. Would purchase without a doubt!

Re: Does anyone want Battle of Camerone (French in Mexico)?

Count me in too.

So, Arlin, it seems not too much interest in this area is there?
That's a pity because the subject is quite colourful but probably just too few people know about it.

Regards,

Strelets

It is hard to tell...........

Every thread seems to get hijacked, and sometimes the thread title doesn't tell people they are being asked for an opinion. Or after asking, 5 or 6 threads get started right away with people asking other things, the original thread gets bumped way down or on the second page and no one sees it. Of the 7 people that bothered to comment on this thread, only one was opposed to it.

I guess the only way to tell would be to ask that everyone vote, even if it is 'No'. Then you would have a better idea, at least among the 20 or 30 people that visit the forum regularly.

But, maybe you are right. I was wrong about the US Cavalry. Not as many people wanted it enough to actually buy them.

I think maybe I will ask for a vote on here. But I will wait a day or so so I don't sound insensitive and put a toy soldier request right there next to a post about the victims of the bombings. Some things are priorities over toy soldiers.
Arlin

I'd like to see Camerone made. I'd especially like to see lots and lots of Mexicans made by the same sculptor who made the Boer War Boer Cavalry and Infantry. Great work; great sets. I've got lots of them and I'd buy the same for Camerone too.

When Arlin begins a new thread, I'll copy and paste this there too.