Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: personalities

David O'Brien
Dear All

Mike B - Yes junction of Hele road and New North road.
He did have a VC from the Zulu War not got through reversing. Bachmann do some traffic cones in 1/72nd scale you could put one on his head for greater authenticity.

David

I remember, when I was at Exeter University, one Rag-Day a Police cone (square-section type) was painted black and put on top of Buller's head.
It backfired because it was not noticed ( by the authorities) for a very long time.
Those who did see it s******ed but didn't tell.

I think Strelets format of Command sets is just right.
A few personalities and the rest somewhat generic.
So please, Strelets, make a WWI commans set.
We certainly don't need tha Waterloo1815 stlye
e.g. with 4 leat handed General Gordons per box!

Captain Adrian Jones- the sculptor- military sculptor par excellence

Dear Murat
Buller looked a bit like Colonel Blimp so he does have a generic look.
The horse is also an excellent piece of sculpture. The sculpture is by Captain Adrian Jones who was a vet in the Royal Horse Artillery and in 1891 after retirement he set himself up as an artist in Chelsea. His most important work is "Peace in her Quadriga" which surmounts the Wellington Arch in London which is a superb group of four horses and is extremely well known. His equestrian statue of the Duke of Cambridge is another anatomically superb rendering of a military horse. His Royal Marines Memorial has no horses but is a fine pair of Boer War Royal Marine figures. All in all a character some of our 1/72nd scale sculptors could learn a thing or two from.
Trivia
By coincidence today (7/2) is the 110th anniversary of the Battle of Vaal Krantz ( overlooking the Tugela river) which gave Buller the nickname of the "Ferry man of the Tugela" the river he had crossed many times in his military career.

David

Re: Captain Adrian Jones- the sculptor- military sculptor par excellence

Professori did you now "Charlie Stadden" he has very incredibles statues of military figures.I do not know teh scales of his work except i see many in military collections etc.

back to topic

Hei!

Some more suggestions, what could/should be included in a Imperial Roman Command Set?

What's about mounted poses? e.g. legatus

Re: Captain Adrian Jones. Redvers Buller's for Colonial Command set

David O'Brien
Dear Murat
Buller looked a bit like Colonel Blimp so he does have a generic look.
The horse is also an excellent piece of sculpture. The sculpture is by Captain Adrian Jones.
David

Thanks for the information, David.
I think Buller has a place in a Strelets 'Colonial Command Set'.

Photobucket

Buller's Statue in Exeter
Buller's statue

Strelets have proved that they are very good at producing 'Command' sets.
Just look at the 900 series.
There is definitely a market for:-

Roman Command set
Roman Enemies Command set.
Colonial Command Set.
WWI Central Powers Command set.
WWI Allies Command set.
RCW Command set.

Re: Captain Adrian Jones. Redvers Buller's for Colonial Command set

I would certainly like to see an RCW personality set - all the ususal suspects plus commissars and Cheka troops (I'm not sure when the NKVD officially acquired that title) would really give the armies a flavour.