Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Welcome Winter Rouskies ...availability warning

The Russians 'won' bit of a Pyrrhic victory. Treaty of Berlin (1878) concluded the unpleasantness. Wikipedia article 'Russo-Turkish War (1877–1878)' a reasonable place to start. Considerable list of references, etc.

An Economic victory for Turks was recorded

Yes no more dependency need for Romania or Bulgaria on citizens and peasantry.All teh trade had been already exploited during Ottoman reigns.Time for teh european to fight each other haha over teh scraps left over.

Re: An Economic victory for Turks was recorded

Thank you, Cameronian. That is most helpful.

Your reply is also informative, Hank. Do I take it that it was the Ottoman Empire's plan all along to rid itself of these dependent lands? If so, why not just give them independence rather than fight for them and expend so many lives?

Fairly pragmatic i suppose. any power to exploit trade route of many north afrikan egyptian(include sudan)mediterranean and mainly sea port and river port to access areas of natural resources.these set up station/centre where at least a form of government was presented to help civilize these areas of briggands lawless lands.you can look at it from both side of teh fence they both say similar reason for ottoman wars.indias trade market closer and qicker to reach tes.

turks more important to protext teh useful productive trade centres and routes.steamboat/gunboat diplomacy moved in to a new era of political struggle for european powers trying to pay off post napoleonique war debts.elbow in to tired ottoman empire with new weaponry communication and transport understandable,
but for their interest only,this friend ally stuff was not so...everything has a price as you know..

it is like war2 who won economically germany and japan very strong .incredible restructuring of countries from ground up.

just like kamel trade routes of old,became cheaper to move salt by boat instead of kamel.things change.science studied better in west after learning much from, eastern and orient ways, but with new technologies.how the wheel is spinning around again.

Hey Hank dude, I was at Plevna last year! I guess you are right Hank, by taking the trouble to get beaten in a war you can come out the winner! However, it is a dangerous strategy to adopt dude! Pxxxr lxxu!

loser takes all

Dear all

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9C-gt4TpA

for more on the theory of loser takes all.

David