Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strelets-Artillery?

Hi Strelets;
I loved your 1st 3 artillery offerings & was wondering if you ever plan to do more? I haven't seen anything in your pipeline to indicate you have any planned. Are there any planned & if not, I hope you will reconsider. Thanks!

Re: there is good hope

Mr Bert see Strelets commnets

feb 9 2009
and
dec 17th 2009

I live on teh edge waiitng news of S-R artillery sets.

its looking good for CW guns.We just have to keep asking S-R.I think many artillery 1/72 collectors currently face similar problem to me.

To make 16 gun rouskie cw artillery regiment( 4 battery of 4 guns limbers and caissons plus a reserve battery and train l;equipage ) I spent almost $700.
So there was no xmas pudding for me, and processed spam turkey only..I not joking.

I used 6 box of SR figures to achieve that inside the crew and driver conversions etc .If they S-R make their own artillery WITH LIMBERS AND CAISSON NICE(i get up from knees now) etc then i would need 16 boxes of strelets,,,,but which works out very much cheaper than converting.

You can see that progress in Kalafat 6 contribution at bottom.I have since expanded further th e rouskie artillery since.its finished.

Now 2010 ..i am in similar situation with making CW Turkish Artillery Regiment and high expenditure.
I am trying to do assemble get and paint and budget this regiment by June.

Help has already recruited me,and things are on teh way already a few fellow collector and kind figure seller people asisted me to get me what i need.

The only S-R Artillery we have is the immense CW Russian Navy and teh Swede and Rouskie GNW babes.
I openly envy Zvezda with thir total artillery set ,gun limber caisson.I used 16 sets for wagons for my Regiment above.I apsire for CW this format tto be adopted by S-R or put their own stamp on artillery set and throw in a supply cart.

I hope dearly for CW Russian Field Artillerie Set and
CW Allied with Franco-Turc crews
Brittish I think would need their own artillerie set field and heavy and Navy .

Maybe this will help other collectors get good big size eartillery for their collections.I do not know if teh manufacturers realize these points i state.

Good luck bert i think there is a few of us pacing teh danube and tchernya rivers for these guns to be riden to the front by S-R .

Re: Strelets-Artillery?

Dear Bert,

we are planning to release several artillery sets for the Crimea, at least one of those should be Allied siege/naval set.
Also RTW would require artillery as the ACW guns aren't entirely appropriate for this conflict.

Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

oH.... S-R superbe update.What a mighty series CW you will have made.

I am guided accordingly to plan, after "Kalafat Finale"(yes one more every thing you see in diodramas so far plus more LOL) ....i will be working on scratch make balkan buildings for 6 month. i want to try to make a much better scale "danube Town", as teh buildings are so attractive in teh archetectural design terms.

I am thinking Silistra Seige, and RTW Pleven Seige are diodramas good probabilitys yes...

Ah, two bits of good news in one thread! The promise of more fine Artillery pieces from S*R, and the promise of more of HFTGH's awesomely enjoyable diodramas.

Well, Happy Collecting! GC

I look forward to seeing the RTW guns....

Cheers

Apparantly the Turks had a large number of Krupp breech loaders these can also be used for the Franc-Prussian war and WW1... a limber would be usefull too

http://www.lovettartillery.com/9cm._C_1873_Kanone.html

Cheers

Thanks for the info! Glad you will be making more!