Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crimean French Infantry!

Head for the guns hank

I do baltman I envy you knowledge to this level of recognition of firearm and bayonette it is admirable to read your review.

Is there a readable review for Strelets figures, other than into PSR site ?

It would be very interesting to have two points of view instead of only one

Re: Crimean French Infantry!

Hank,
I'm not condemning the figures. I'm just pointing out a fact.
Some people like accuracy. I'm one of them.

I figure if someone's going to go to all this trouble of manufacturing
a set of historic figures, why not be as accurate as possible?

Not to mention Strelets had a chance to correct the mistake a long
time ago for I, and others, mentioned this very problem several months
ago(on this very same forum). Just trying to be helpful.

Cheers!

Re: les Bleus!

hi baltman, perhaps teh figures were actually already made just waiting for box and box art etc.Market timingg etc major battle offensive anniversaries good times etc. I presume sr do there work in stages.I often wonder what has been made and is in warehouse waiting for box art etc.

At this 1/72 scale i am not too worried .I love teh abstracts of teh forum and was trying to compliment you knowledge.I am not to teh level of identifying so many nation weapons unifforms so i admire that expertise anywhere and try and state that.

I try and imagine my collection in reverse.Going back to the design board perhaps paper and photo criss-crossing electronically between artist and Strelets HQ in London. cell phone bbig business calls. example "hey Ivan...this si SR ,we need those CW artillery sets, so get production going,art works teh ready , master sculpts are hot,davai ".

then some guy in a ukrainian dasha converted barn factory orders the plastics preparing teh compounds and molds and heat up teh centrigfugal machine.Then teh figures are spun and placed in container until next batch is done and weighted with postal merchant to deliver.Or knowing a little of teh ukraine it may involve a part physical road transportation to save shipping costs.It must be cheaper to despatch to UK out of boxes then assemble figures with boxes in UK for hannant their distribution agent.so a little cordination with printer with those.

Have you ever received a package from east europe? All teh packages i get from russia and teh ukraine bulgaria and romania have brown paper and string which is very nice and personal touch.Teh stamps alone are fascinating and handwriting script very formidable. Seems old world but very warming to appreciate.

I do liek Frederic idea of 2 reviews, that way a second opinion is very nice. I think if psr has autonomy on all 1/72 figures it is not good.Some reviews we have seen, i would not accept to do and return figures in interest of teh hobby.Maybe they not have the gall to do that.teh forums of teh hobby extends their opinions often.

But i love seeing the opinion of another country citizen collector and people from there it is only way some of us can learn if we can not travel ourself. Language is only a barrier, but barrier can be crossed.For a Napoleonique French figure i would like to see a French opinion and then an Allied etc.
i feel i know you as someone else.

funny packaging and Strelets packs

Dear Hank

You remind me.

Some years ago a Turkish friend gave me some Turkish Delight in a very elegant box. It had a very elaborate screen printed design on the outside and silver on the inside. It was folded in a way that would impress an origami expert. I couldn't resist taking it apart and to my surprise it was made out of a milk carton tetrapak (hence the silver) with Turkish writing and a cow etc on the inside. The company who made the Turkish Delight must have got the card from the printers as it had not, of course, been used for milk. The Turkish Delight was excellent.
Strelets and Mars use identically sized and constructed packs so they are probably packed locally. The address on the Strelets pack is a house with a lock up garage in Barking, London not too far from West Ham FC. I do believe Strelets are the importers not Hannants but this was discussed back in May 2006. Hannants are wholesalers so they would have Strelets figures on their lists to supply to retailers. I am not sure why there is this mystique or why there has to be such. It just seems to be a necessary feature of hobbies.
A vision of Russian girls with white headscarves packing the Strelets figures in the little packs whilst singing stirring patriotic songs in a grey pre war factory in Kiev. Output is flagging and they are urged to remember their illustrious forebears at the Zavod Arsenal. Remember Ludmila Pavlichenko and be inspired they are told. Maybe not for they are listening to Lady GaGa ...Poker face, poker face.

David

Re:Haci bekir

Professori, seems a long time since we exchange .
Yes Haci bekir...my favorit lime and rose flavor.
They started just after 1854 a popular take home gift by soldiier and marins.My favorit cafe was built into partially a cave with a view across from teh Tunis Palace with sweet teas.

Yes is good to visualize ,teh blue jean scientific ambience of a methodical historical replicant production processing team is probally closer to reality.

The main thing that matter is when teh figures come from the mold and if they still get to hannant shop liek hot cakes.Strelets just keep do what it takes, you guys rock.

Re: Re:Haci bekir

Dear Hank

It was from an Istanbul market close to his home and I think they put it in the box for him. Rose flavoured Lokum though I have often had Cypriot Loukoumia which is similar. This Lokum was the best I have ever tasted -it tasted home made.

I am relaxed about waiting for the figures. I miss the bigger number of poses and the ones with the extravagant gestures like the Russian in 025 pulling his greatcoat open or the Cossack with his hat on the end of a musket - real gems.

David

Why don't you two get a room?

Hi Professori, Yes i miss the extravagent figures also.just look at all those early sets....formidable yes. Teh large sets gave much options.If teh econmy swing teh other way maybe we get old set numbers again.

yes baltman is exciting you must know taht we hire teh conference centre room with teh society.more come the better.help spread cost and cheaper rates. at least we can have network connectivity and webcam on each diodrama table to allow accessing teh exhibition.
one problem is cables on floor between tables connecting into cat so people do not trip.

okay have teh good weekend

That's exciting!

Cheers!

yes baltman it is.I think is about time these game shows and wargame events get online to many people who cannot attend.

So include overseas people can see what go on.Maybe liek a televise event. Online access to webcam coulds be prepaid on paypal and then access is available all over world.

be good to see wargame nghts at different club all over teh works as games go on and compoetitions etc .
it is away to include modern technology yes. Would you like to game with online biewers as well as event viewers would be a spectacular.Maybe some sponsor ship what you think.you are clever man we need fresh ideas all time in hobby no.