Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: White Russians

Nice links TMR

Samogon you can just stop right there buster...no more ideas about red cavalry when i try and promote White Russians .chuckle

Re: White Russians - poses not uniforms

Dear all

My point to Steve O was 12 poses do not give enough variation when you may be using the set for two or three armies in winter. Given that 12 poses is the total for a set then Whites or Czech Legion sets, for example, may hopefully give us some more prone or advancing figures, sentries, etc to convert( or leave as they are). The uniforms or a check list of them is to my mind less important than considering the nature of the warfare and having a range of poses that help to create that. Samogon's suggestion of partisans is good but they should be in ambush poses and not as if they were in a trench in Galicia. 12 poses for Naval units would far too few when considering the functions they would hve to cover. The HaT heavy weapons set figures are, of course, in summer uniforms so a winter set is needed which could have mixed White and Red crews.
The Strelets WWI Russian cavalry are excellent material for conversion (or just leaving as they are) and they offer lots of scope.

Finally it is strange that the argument not to duplicate does not apply to Imperial Romans or Napoleonic French Cuirassiers. I seem to remember presenting an homogeneous range was the argument.

David

Professori i AGREE WITH much you say.I deteste 12 figure mini sets when it fristrates teh good quality should be more represented for big battle.Main infantries should all be regualr 44-48 sets .Stone throwers or skirmishers etc yes 12 is fine.

But duplicate sets liek cuirassieurs killed me especially when waiting for CW Turk.needless, but they are very nice i admit its just personal choice and aspirations get dented....real hard.i live in hope of seeing more CW TURK even RTW Turk.

I am still working on russian artillery would you beloeve how much time it take let alone expense. I think i am at $120 to make up 4 gun,limber caisson.
crazy...but most of us who do this are.(Thats 1 battery of 6 yikes you will see when Kalafat 6 is in June).Turkish Artilelry is needing much improvement.So that will take 4 month also.

David and Samogen, lets hope for all the RCW sets we can get! I wish periods like the RCW or SCW were more generally "popular" for gamers so we could have all the Whites, Reds, Anarchists, Nationalists sets that we want...but we can't...for now.

Unfortunately we aren't asking for yet more Ancient Romans, Napoleonic French or WW2 Germans so we have to be realistic about our expectations and make the most of what is out there. These companies exist in a market and sales figures to survive.

"The recent film about Admiral Kolchak -- which portrayed him and the White movement in a positive light but also raised questions about his role in the RCW -- is one such effort. The conspicous respect paid to the Czarist Royal Family is another."
- Samogen

And let's not forget the Mosfilm TV serial "Nine Lives Of Nestor Makhno" from 2005.

Current projects: converting the Italeri WW2 Russian Infantry to White officer regiments. Some nice Maxim MGs in there. Preiser WW2 Russian Tank riders to Tachanka crew. HaT French caissons to Tachankas. Strelets WW1 infantry and cavalry to all comers...