Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Last assault of/on Sevastopol

Hi HFTGH,

Sorry bout that! You're right-on to point out that the Turkish, Egyptian and other Artilleries needs equal time and attention.

I hope the Sevastopol set introduces something really unique for the War, and SR continues on with more sets.

For my tastes, the Mini-Box of French Infantry in capotes looks really cool - sort of like the famous artist for the French Foreign Legion - Begnini.

I hope SR goes back to it's nice Mid-Blue Color. The French Cavalry set came out waxy-looking. I waited a long time for them, and someone fell asleep at the wheel at the factory. I have higher hopes for the next set.

Can't wait to see more of your Diodramas! I love the way you are centering your focus around the Russian/Turkish/Egyptian armies and battles as opposed to the traditional Ango-perspectives.

Cheers for now!

Re: Last assault of/on Sevastopol

GC ,Yes it is hard fact prime Turkish Allies were Egyptian Algerian Tunisian and also others from all over the Ottoman empire who turned up on many ships in Istanboul to fight for the Porte against teh Rouskies.It is fun for me to "try" and depict many of teh sketches from contemporary art and sketch work.
Information is so disjointed.

I was ultimate impressed with Carol Szathmari story teh first photographer to wagon up his camera(yes before fenton)to record the 1853 battles.It to me is a crim that these images were burbt lost detroyed.The few that remain i hope are preserved and defended well.If only these plates were present.The few surving shots i have seen are fascination itself.The composition of each tells much to a military eye.

The odd thing about Crimea War is teh elbowing in of smaller represnted nations which try to establish
a supremacy over the war. The French and Brittish Sardinian military over rule at sevastopol was not a stalemate but a dreadful loss.Russia lost nothing and walked back in after the allies left.
The docks rebuilt and Turkey again exposed by this blunder with no empire gibraltar style garrison left to retain vigil was perhaps teh biggest military mistake.What waste.

Okay artillery is being bog down in winter quarters
very hard to get the right things in teh right place and time to paint etc.What comes next with SR after the French for CW is intriguing set Last set of Sevastopol,,,mmh

Time to kick back for a while and take pot shots at teh other ranges and figure makers whose envoys like to come here to unload, but refute such activity on theirs.Maybe cease fire for xmas day ...i said maybe chuckle have fun SR rocks