Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets - mia

Dear All

Not MIA but AWOL. The mission statement is my hook and if they stray from that too much then no sale. Many of the new mini sets are poor for dioramas. Small sets should be small themes. Some of the Valdemar small sets for example are well themed. Set M044 has the most basic poses you could think of and they don't really fire me. Furthermore I need to see evidence that are going to develop the RCW range and not chase popular sales, whatever they are in this hobby. Reading the Zvezda proposals (see above posting) and yet another set of Gladiators shows a similar impoverishment of imagination so a rather prevalent attitude in the hobby.
I hope Strelets get back on track but no problem if they don't. HaT seems to be sticking to their guns with the Lettow Ruga-Ruga, Schutztruppen etc so one door closes another opens.

David

a mini set for a new range 4 sprue..i would be tempted to have a set of 12 figure(x2) 1 gun and crew 4 horse that to me is a mini set.Then if they sell go individual and expanded sets(limber caisson cav command etc inf auxillary figures from main classical poses).but is not the way professori.

If you actually go into the archives and look at old threads from this time last year there are quite a few people enquiring as too why Strelets have been so quiet. So this must be there time for holidays or they are so busy at this time of year what with Christmas fast approaching that they have no time to talk.

Strelets is back!!!!!

and no less than 13 new sets are announced for March. I'm thrilled.

What are the New Sets?

Hi Jan, I can't view the Strelets site right now. What are the new sets??? This is very exciting news!

Re: What are the New Sets?

try to look for me some strage reasions site works correctly

No for me the site is still unavailable. I tried virus scanning my computer, clicking the 'return to website' button, but the site is not coming up. I did see the site last about a week ago. Anyways what is new? Any new announcements?

sadly no

I wish I could remember them all. One of the sets was
PRetorian cohorts, the other one Pretorian cavalry.

There were sets for many different eras, except I don't recall that there were any Napoleonics. I could be wrong.

I think all of the sets were announced before the site went AWOL. They are :
Sarmatian cavalry,
Praetorian cavalry,
Praetorian cohort,
Norman cavalry on the march,
Court and army of Peter the Great,
Napoleonic Russian dragoons in winter dress,
Last assault on Sevastopol,
retooled Dacian light and heavy infantry,
Roman velites,
Roman infantry in winter dress,
Scottish schiltron,
Peasant levy in summer dress,
Norman forces before battle,
Crimean French light infantry,
RTW Russian infantry sets in winter and summer dress and RCW Russian infantry in summer dress.
About half were due for release in October and have still not appeared. The others are scheduled for March next year.

Site comes and goes, nothing has changed for a mounth all of these sets were there earlier before strelets went AWOL....

Cheers