Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets - mia

But usually we see the box art .Tuesday and friday is the sr website activity days.hannat have no preorder.Maybe it late for deadline...dont give up....

Something major must be going on at Strelets. Maybe, with the value of the US$ being as low as it is, they are shifting production to America? Imagine Hank got a hold of the mold for the Crimean War Turks. Soon you could get those Turks at Walmart and at your local gas station...Every school and every would have have a few hundred Turks to teach kids in history class. Millions of old men in retirement homes would have newly found interest in life: they'd wargame all day long. Long live Strelets! All Turks to Hank!

Yes, sometimes Strelets sets are a little late and we haven't seen any box art. Perhaps they are planning a surprise? It would be great to see Strelets sets at Walmart. I think Strelets sets are not well distributed compared to Hat, Italeri or Zvezda. I almost never see Strelets at Hobby stores, or if I do it is their very old sets like Carolingian Cavalry. If they could get their sets out to more stores, I am sure that Strelets would become a lot more popular as they make great figures (chunky, but with more character than any other company!).

Perish a terrible thought that guy up there had. Wind back teh clock .We have had an excellent near complete strelets production of teh Russian Crimean War army.

When turk come out i can focus on a smaller simpler enemy but sacrafice neccesary heads are used to make cavalry and artillery. I always hoped for inf art cav format each army. But SR "Last Assault on Sevastopol " has a terminal ring about it.sr made no secret they were "winding down cw".Hah Just as I was warming up with turk.So Kalafat 1853 makes my decision for focus.It is reachable and on teh Danube in midst of wonderful river tours zone.

my fear is have SR almost completed their mission. ???
They seem to have almost cleared there shelf with teh intended release.The CW future releases has 3 blank sets. I hope we see some period artillery in one of those. The sr navy set is so good it spoil us early.

SR have and i hope continue to step out the main stream its hobby refreshing.I had acw nap ww2 ancient collections meteal and plastiks but this SR CW is the best for depth and design and multiple figures.

I hope SR stand firm.I hope more eastern representation.Keep on it SR.Strelets teh best.

I be a great 1:72 collector enthusiast. For this I also really love Strelets. But beside all my motivation - I must confess that the quality of the sets is more and more worse. The figures look really chunky and the themes are not really impressive. I truly think of the great Strelets time when they present their first sets: F. Field Camp, Vikings vs Francs, Polis Inf u. F. Eng etc- and later the superb Medival Britain set which is one of the most lovely sets done in 1:72 -I think. But most of the minis sets are a shame. I bought each new 1:72 set from all producers -but not longer from Strelets because there is (since nearly 3 years) no `spirit`in the air. It is only mass production. For the- maybe- upcomming releases- only the Normans on march look great sculpting and interesting from theme. For all others I do not have an ambition to buy it. I would prefer if Strelets will let us have 4- 6 sets per year which are excellent than 30 sets which are without motivation.

The best set sr is sr Napoleons Command is womderful musicans.... teh cavalry ww1 stampede saw the slip in figutrs.Why sr chop 44 set by 75% was terrible over reaction .why not to 36 or draw line at 24 figure x 2 ?...i wish rhey reconfigure it up from 12 poses.

Yes, the strelets sets have lost their "spirit" and their "feeling" from 2 or 3 years ...

I wait for a return to the original strongness sets of the first years ... But perhaps in vain !

Sad and sad are our hobby's evolution in the Strelets catalogue. When we see the risks taking by Orion with the Slavs, the Rus, the Khazars ... It's boring to see some new sets X "on march", "winter dress", etc.

I loved Strelets, but now ... I hope a return to the old inspiration !
jay

I support Jay, Strelets should be more offensive and start New subjects like Byzantines or mentioned before. I appreciate Strelets figures but I also think there is a need for fresh air !

Well Son of a gun,i would love to see SR back in teh frame of their mission....Is good when they focus on russian history folklore and their enemies.Lets be positive and hope to see them back very soon on parade with excitng announcemnets.

Dear All

see below - so good it came up twice

Dear All

Not MIA but AWOL. The mission statement is my hook and if they stray from that too much then no sale. Many of the new mini sets are poor for dioramas. Small sets should be small themes. Some of the Valdemar small sets for example are well themed. Set M044 has the most basic poses you could think of and they don't really fire me. Furthermore I need to see evidence that are going to develop the RCW range and not chase popular sales, whatever they are in this hobby. Reading the Zvezda proposals (see above posting) and yet another set of Gladiators shows a similar impoverishment of imagination so a rather prevalent attitude in the hobby.
I hope Strelets get back on track but no problem if they don't. HaT seems to be sticking to their guns with the Lettow Ruga-Ruga, Schutztruppen etc so one door closes another opens.

David

a mini set for a new range 4 sprue..i would be tempted to have a set of 12 figure(x2) 1 gun and crew 4 horse that to me is a mini set.Then if they sell go individual and expanded sets(limber caisson cav command etc inf auxillary figures from main classical poses).but is not the way professori.

If you actually go into the archives and look at old threads from this time last year there are quite a few people enquiring as too why Strelets have been so quiet. So this must be there time for holidays or they are so busy at this time of year what with Christmas fast approaching that they have no time to talk.

Strelets is back!!!!!

and no less than 13 new sets are announced for March. I'm thrilled.

What are the New Sets?

Hi Jan, I can't view the Strelets site right now. What are the new sets??? This is very exciting news!

Re: What are the New Sets?

try to look for me some strage reasions site works correctly

No for me the site is still unavailable. I tried virus scanning my computer, clicking the 'return to website' button, but the site is not coming up. I did see the site last about a week ago. Anyways what is new? Any new announcements?

sadly no

I wish I could remember them all. One of the sets was
PRetorian cohorts, the other one Pretorian cavalry.

There were sets for many different eras, except I don't recall that there were any Napoleonics. I could be wrong.

I think all of the sets were announced before the site went AWOL. They are :
Sarmatian cavalry,
Praetorian cavalry,
Praetorian cohort,
Norman cavalry on the march,
Court and army of Peter the Great,
Napoleonic Russian dragoons in winter dress,
Last assault on Sevastopol,
retooled Dacian light and heavy infantry,
Roman velites,
Roman infantry in winter dress,
Scottish schiltron,
Peasant levy in summer dress,
Norman forces before battle,
Crimean French light infantry,
RTW Russian infantry sets in winter and summer dress and RCW Russian infantry in summer dress.
About half were due for release in October and have still not appeared. The others are scheduled for March next year.

Site comes and goes, nothing has changed for a mounth all of these sets were there earlier before strelets went AWOL....

Cheers