Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Fighting Fez

Nice original story,but does teh book author pimps it out with old 1970 book format ,officer lah de dah ,romance,lah de dah,zzzz twitter in teh mess tent/room glory and pimp out teh pomp.article show infantry story but poor choice cavalry picture does not portray good authenticity to me.Bad promotion ,sorry to you.

How deaf those cw guys must have been from all the artillery guns.

Why did history guy not think marvellous idea of writing

"Teh Fighting Fez "

and make good true story about how well teh turks actually fought in the CW.

Dear all

These books seem to tell you a lot more about the late 20th and early 21st centuries. A good and decent tradition but not to be confused with history.The TV dramatisations are usually pretty true to the books and have a formula that wins over the hearts but not the minds. I like the dialogue where they fill in the bits of history for you as if they seem to know the significance of everything as it happens. Like most things it is about dumbing down and selling shedloads of the stuff. In Patrick Mercer's own words "a bit like the Sharpe novels, except it’s true – and the action and sex scenes are far better."
Mercer is a good writer and historian he has written the Osprey book on Inkerman (1998) and another book on Inkerman for Spellmount. His credentials are good but books on Inkerman tend not to gain writers fame and fortune.

I thought Sharpe aka Bean was true. In fairness Cornwell does get most of his facts correct and he does acknowledge his debt to C S Forester.

Maybe our little figures ought to have more "action and sex" injected into them to sell more. Next Strelets set : Romans at Lust followed by a Napoleonic set, War and Peace and torrid affairs. Peter's court could be spiced up a bit as well.

David

Some good and what could be very funny ideas there...
did you know that a model railway figures manucturer does intimate couples for you place in appropriate places on model railway layout.......
in another thread a roman court was suggested a Caesars dinner/orgy might be more appropriate.....

Cheers

history -all the bits worth remembering

Dear Ironside

Those computerised miniature vehicles in a recent thread( and a youtube link) went through adult themed cities.
My ideas of Roman orgies come from the Satyricon (Fellini for the visuals)to Up Pompei. Petronius's book has enough for several sets of figures all in the worst possible taste.

David