Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: re tooled Dacians

very good work i want them

They look the absolute business, is there a possibility of giving the falxmen a ring hand and substitute weapons (swords and axes) so that they could be used as non-Dacians- obviously, the falx is so distinctive.

Altogether a big improvement with the exception of the majority of the dacian caps, which is too gnome like in my opinion.. these should come down to the ears not perch on top of the head and the floppy top should lay much flatter and futher back on the head improving this will make a big difference to the look of the figures.....there are many images from Trajans coloumn showing this....

http://www.stoa.org/trajan/images/hi/3.36.h.jpg

http://www.stoa.org/trajan/index.html

Cheers

According to some sources, hats were a mark of the nobility in some tribes, so perhaps there are a few too many anyway.
Ring hands is a nice idea, but won't be too hard to substitute spears.

"so perhaps there are a few too many anyway"

I would agree with that, there are not so many hats shown on trajans coloumn, and the king if it is indeed he has a conical hat....
Mid length hair seems to be the norm....

Cheers

WOW LOOK SHARP WINTER ROMANS TOO

What a great week this is.

re WINTER ROMANS

And it looks as though at least some of them have CURVED shields!!! Still slightly too flat, but a big improvement! Hey Strelets! - Any chance of fitting a couple of extra shields on the sprue so that we can retrofit to some of the earlier Roman figs? Please?

Re: re WINTER ROMANS

Some of them look like they have extra heavy armor. Very exciting! I can't wait to get this set.

Re: WOW LOOK SHARP WINTER ROMANS TOO

yes very good masters
but now we need
-cavalry winter dress (6 at rest and 6 charging)
and...........

Dear GG,

anything is possible these days, at least, the Roman line isn't exausted yet.
Best regards,

Strelets

thank you strelets