Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Strelets Crimean war

Hello,
why not put officers, standard bearer and drumer in british grenadier set?
What's about allied artillery(French,British and Turc)
Your French line infantry are for 1870 franco prussian war!
Thank you.
RD

Re: To Strelets Crimean war

Rene, I agree but maybe there is an Allied Command set and an Allied Artillery set coming out.Hopefully Turks and fRench included.In fact why be so polite ,,,Yes, we want french and turks in both sets chuckle, WHY because we expect THEM .

But teh French set are fine is good .to use in 1870 also .But lets have more CW frst please/

If ever a war is being ignored it is the Franco Prussian.

Dear Hank,

indeed will release in the near future a big box set with the French army command to start with.
So, keep asking for more :-).
Best regards,

Strelets

Hello Hank
I pleased to say that the Franco-Prussian War has not been entirely ignored.
The EMHAR Crimean War French sets are labelled for Franco-Prussian War as well.
Their Prussian Infantry is purely for the Franco-Prussian War.
Hat have four sets underway including two sets which are in the pattern making stage.

I think you will find (to dismay)that Hat will not be producing FP war figures. Perhaps they will sell the molds to BarcelonaUM or someone.

Hello Hank
According to HaT's 1816+ list their Franco-Prussian sets 8164 French Inf., 8165 Bavarian Inf. and 81xx Prussian Jaeger are all at stage 5 (Pattern making ends) and 81xx Prussian Infantry is at stage 2 (sketches are finished).
But I have heard that they have all progressed further.
What is your source?
yamat
Murat,

Hello Hank,
I have just heard that the HaT Franco Prussian range has been stopped.
It's now all up to EMHAR.
Cheers
Murat

yes FP figures was sad news ,is news we didnt think we would hear.No contract for teh box so too bad.

Howeevr is it not wonderful to hear about strelets visit shipka and RTW (Russo Turk War)and artillery.
It has made my day to hear that.

Dear Rene,

we hope to eventually cover all resonable subjects for the period. Artillery is a challenge but after our recent visit to Shipka in Bulgaria anything is possible:-). Artillery for the RTW proved to be quite simple, so may be we will try to make some in future for the CW as well.
Mini sets don't contain officers or drummers as who would need 4 drummers, 4 officers for 48 figures ?
Best regards,

Strelets

To Strelets
Good to hear that you are going to make artillery for the Crimean War.
What is RTW ?
Good point about command figures and drummers etc., in mini sets.
I look forward to seeing more command sets. With lots more Turks.

Re: To Strelets - ME !

Murat i am starting to like way you write.Strelets me
I would like drums and flags and officers for 48 figure setsI buy 30 ST903 I have plenty vcommand figures that you engineered me to have.chuckle

I'm just as frustrated about the lack of CW Turkish artillery as I 've been about the lack of Parthian catapultsfor the Roman period. Strelets are true heroes if they can fill at least one of these gaps.

Hi Jan, Yes i think Turkish CW merit their own set of artillery.Although a french period set with turkish heads would suffice.

being at my dream work desk i building last ship for Kalafat 5, a Turkish Artillery set could be augmented/padded with ,mule ambulance,transport arabas carts in lavish Ottoman Turk fashion .Sevral civillain figures as contractors thrown in.Maybe an observation hot air balloon for teh RTW(Turkish Gambitt fame).There is a big seller right there, aattract those acw and other colonial franco-prussian war ,boer,india eras <>to snap that one up).

I hope they sell separate to make up hiding turks in with other figures.Cost me plenty $800 for 30 sets.
However if they mix turk artillery with turk cavalry
i would not complain(just for a change)chuckel.
<>

artillery

Dear All

There is probably adequate CW horse artillery (guns not figures or horses) but what is needed is field artillery of the heavier calibres and of course the varied personnel to man both types.
I hope the Turkish infantry for the Russo-Turkish war 1877 is not lumped in a big box. I think the CW Turks have the potential for greater sales as individual sets. The ones with cartridge pouch on the front are more like R-T war and I am not sure if they were worn like this in the CW but who knows?.
Finally Strelets should have included some colour artwork for the Turks on the Thin Red Line box. I know the colours but not every customer comes to this forum ( very few do) or trawls the internet for meagre scraps of information. If it can be done for the other three sets why not the Turks?
Dark blue(indigo) uniform, red fez ..... etc - so here are my (unusually,not much chopped) efforts :

right click and download if your browser only shows two figures and you should get 4 figures. Now there's value.

David

Re: artillery

Here here Professori, yes there were more turks involved than French,brittish,sardinians put together .Oh 100 and spanish contingent 1853(incorporated under the french with general Prim).

ah french command set ,i am thinking unity to light inf,zouaves and french line.definitely a band would merge all three types together with afro-arabesque costume influence present since napoleonique times.

Okay i am asking for French turkish and british and russian bands on top of artillery.I am to confess greedy selfish for wanting.So integral a part of colonial era.wargaming always a bonus for band presence morale fatcor.especially when sets are mini derived it takes away from large serried ranks of the same.

bands

Dear Hank

I beetle on about comfort zones below.
Military bands are very attractive but they are not in the one standing firing, one kneeling firing etc... convention for 1/72nd scale figures. Preiser do some stunning modern bandsmen/women in HO scale and 1/35th scale.
24 standing and 24 marching equals 48 figures and a sizeable band would be 2 or 3 sets not too many bass drummers or drum majors or glockenspiel players per set hopefully. Great for dioramas, displays and Britains were doing them a million or a thousand years ago and still do them and they are collected in their millions.

keep banging the drum

David

Hi Hank,

I haven't heard about the Spanish troops before. Do you have some more informations on them?

Shipka Pass - it seems the DVDs worked

cheers
Uwe

hi Uwe, yes i have only scraps of information, recording their presence.Also one sketch illustration of the General which was publiushed in the newspaper 1853.(these newspapers are goldmine of information) I send you email.

Official Kalafat 5 countdown 2 day to completion.It is looking exciting to me.

BTW Kalafat grande finale(6) is also complete(1200 rouskies s-r infantry are ready for camera) just need more scenic work to make this authentic.basically all kalafaTs on one diodrama.

One idea,one grappe with one officer, one with one drummer, one with standard bearer and for the last strelets figure.
A coeur vaillant rien d'impossible!!!!
And please, please, please ARTILLRY!!!
VOILA.
RD