Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jacobite composition

Not to forget that is was MacDonalds that burnt down a church full of MacLeods at Trumpan.
http://www.gael.net/tableshotel/trump.html

Soup, or burgers, I think I'll keep eating them all.

Cheers,

Stan.

My mum never talks about that.
I seem to remember that the Keiths did something similar to the Gunns.
Rough lot in those days. Just a lot of squabbling families. No wonder they couldn't get together to thrash the English etc.

We never eat at MacDonalds either. We are suspicious of the 'meat'.

Its Burri ! whats wrong with that ?

We need enemies for the Jacobites!

I stand corrected, instead of English I should have said British government forces. Nevertheless, I hope that Strelets have already started working on Jacobite enemyopponent sets because as Hank noted above, there is no point buying sets with no one to fight! (Like the Stelets US Cavalry).

Jacobites- not entirely correct

Dear All

to pick up Bill N's point

The Irish fellas who faced the followers of William III (Williamites) at the Battle of the Boyne were also Jacobites.

Osprey have got it right

give dates - the Jacobite Rebellions 1689-1745
a specific army- the Scottish Jacobite Army 1745-46
a type of warrior- The Highland Clansman 1689-1746

Irish Jacobites fought the British (Prince William the Duke of Cumberland) at the Battle of Fontenoy in 1745 as the Irish Brigade of the French army and were part of what inspired Bonnie Prince Charlie to unsuccessfully reclaim the Kingdom for the Stuarts.

So the British should be called Hanoverians though Government forces seems OK but the Jacobites by the look of them are Scottish Jacobites or Highland clansmen.

David