Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: to strelets :the crusade

I still dream about Byzantines....

Some more Muslims sets would be nice too. The Muslim archer and warriors sets were great figures, and I could always do with more. A command set for both sides would be a great idea. Maybe a large set.

agree more please

Siege Engines

It may be time to attempt an ancient or medievil artillery set

Re: Siege Engines

Yes , CW Allied Artullery and Russian Field artillery would be good seige machines chuckel

Dear All
I go with Hank on the Crimean War artillery which would also be useful for other 19th century conflicts.

What is wrong with the Zvezda medieval siege machines? The Trebuchet is excellent. I made mine into a working model with several modifications. I filled the weight box with crushed stones and put a hook on the throwing arm. It doesn't throw a stone far but looks as if it could.
David

That sounds great - can you post some pics somewhere, showing your modified trebuchet in action? I'd really like to see this!

Best regards
Stephan

trebuchet pic

Dear Steve

Here is a low res scan just done on a flat bed scanner hence the unusual angle.

I like a challenge. The plastic rock is the one I use and it normally travels 1cm vertically but occasionally forward with the force of comatose gnat. The hook is made of wire and attaches to the winding gear with a loop that pulls away. In the pic it is in the display mode ie under tension.

David

Re: trebuchet pic

It looks really good, thanks for the pic!

Best regards