Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Strelets - vignettes

Dear Strelets

By vignettes I meant figure groups like you get in several big box sets especially the Valley of Death set. These are superb and I can't see any other manufacturer doing anything like this. I think Big Norm meant the same.
The mini sets have been used to augment poses in many cases -eg Norman Archers. I would have thought the Swedish Pikemen would have been better as a mini set as collectors are likely to want several packets to make an infantry formation ( wargamers especially).
I am not sure of the actual sets in the Narva to Poltava set but I assume it includes the Swedish cavalry sets so some standing or wounded cavalry figures would have been useful. A limber or cart and horses for the artillery would have seemed to be the logical choice to go with the artillery set.

Anyway, Peter's court, set 905 will hopefully have a full chamber orchestra, dancing dandies, lots of women and assorted foreigners to keep us happy.

David

Re: Strelets - vignettes

as i lookd that box i understand that we can get both swedish cavalry sets and artillery set

http://www.strelets-r.com/SetsR/Set904/Box.html look the box

Re: To Strelets: From Narva to Poltava

What else comes with this set? I am hoping you redid your original Infantry of Charles XII in blue!

Re: To Strelets: From Narva to Poltava

Beside the new figures, I think the box includes 035, 043, 044 sets.

The movie Sluga Gosudarev (The Sovereign’s Servant)

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it looks quite visually appealing and the new sets should enable us to recreate both the real history and the movie. http://www.kino-govno.com/movies/slugagosudarev/gallery/images has 72 images from the movie. Like some other commentators, I hope that 905 will contain sufficient civilians and court officials (assuming my usual 2xset buy) to allow some broader scenarios. And of course, the Captain is still waiting for his daughter to appear in a Pugachev's Rebellion scenario (see the movie Russian Riot - based on Pushkin's The Captain's Daughter).

Have a great day, Frank

Re: The movie Sluga Gosudarev (The Sovereign’s Servant)

thankyou s-r for finesse in 1/72 you are teh napoloean brandy(i find nice bottel it do good) of teh hobby.very eloquent figures in narva i drink toNite to your continued health and appreciation get me thru hard time . Nice figuren thankyou to look forward to release why wait lets go doo it, but turkish inafntry need turkish artillery and cavalry fot krim war/.Wait for news turish crew and rider please what is teh chance .

Re: The movie Sluga Gosudarev (The Sovereign’s Servant)

I saw the film just yesterday, I must say it is a funny one, and the scenario, photography and costume is really very lovely made and accurate.
Ther rytm , scirpy and so on is ok, altohugh maybe a little " pro-russian" as the russian appear to be more or less the good and the sweedes a little "evil" and even "stupid" (100 muskets firing to 2 main charachters swimming slowly in a river 20 m far and no injuries to any of them both)

The scenes for battle of Poltava are beautiful and even spectacular, with long firing lines and advancing batallions in colourful uniforms, but the military advising seems to be poor, as infantrymen only fire once (only about 40 m far!!) and inmediately charge to the bayonet (maybe it is more real russian style!!). Also artillery guns are too modern, as they have no recoil at all!

Anyway I liked and enjoy the film, it is funny and nice to see (even more nice to see the incredibly beautiful actresses)!!!!I find it recommendable