Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: set M 030 British light infantry quiz solution

Dear Hank

Yes I said the figures are not too bad but human beings when they see something printed full colour believe it must be right even though others may say it is not right.
Anyway
1. The shako badge should be a black hunting horn with a cockade (concentric circles) in black to hold the ball tuft
2. the Albert shako should not have chains on it
3. No white edging on the the shoulder straps or cuffs
4. Cuffs are plain not pointed
5. the cuffs have three black buttons on them roughly in line with the thumbs
6. The coatee is double breasted like the Guards
7. the buttons should be black
8. Black Crescents missing off the shoulders
9. Backpack wrong for the Alma
10. ball tuft should be black, green was for light companies though the black and green would be hard to distinguish at this scale
11. Albert shako should have a "peak" at the back
12. should have a "snake" belt buckle not usually blackened so very prominent
13. cap pouch missing off the belt

Some things are hard to see are a bit whimsical like the non regulation sideburns. The sword bayonet maybe The collar should be a Prussian collar which means there is not a "V" at the front. Rifle brigade officers often wore a pelisse again those who watch Sharpe or know their Rifle Brigade uniforms will know this. Italeri do a nice officer figure but with the wrong headgear.

BTW the box art has some things that were true for other periods eg white edging on the cuffs and shoulder straps OK for our Napoleonic fans.

David

Apart from the fact that the Rifles didn't carry colours, the flag in the illustration is terrible anyway - blue far too light, and no understanding whatever of the proportions of the white sections...

Hey janotor you hobby big shot,please you ask you friend mr david bravenet forum maker for me how much he want$ to give me back my fez.

i am having personality disorder again you send him this as my head get cold without head so life is bad with inspiration low i need my fez ,please.These emotor cons are for children not scholastic academicals from Alexandria and Saint Cyr like ourselves.

Proffessori is king of forum he analyse the light riflemen data and observe pinpoint anomoly to polite presentation.

Hi David, I take it from your message that this set can also be used for the Rifles of Napoleonic wars??

I was not greatly impressed by the Italeri set, the old Revell set is great, however I like lots of different poses and if this can be used for the Peninsular then I will be in for a few boxes.

cheers Mike McA