Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Q - to Head for the Guns Hank ???

Hi Murat no its been too cold and wet here.If i use that technique i will probally use more beer than paint then have to start ahgain as my cans are all 1 gallon inteh walk in fridge.

I need to use up some light reflective paints so am experiomneting on cheap emulsion samples for fun.Pratt and Lambert Cleveland Ohio found in lunber stores.

Long day at work until tuesday then a few days off to rethink a balkan town plan out liek a railway modeller. Hopefully 6' by 4' .Some balkan Movies will be help and old maps postcARDS etc.Its all fun.

Sometimes is best to throw all away and start fresh ,no ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Q - to Head for the Guns Hank ???

Excuse my ignorance dudes, but whatTH is the open fridge door painting technique? On the Crimean War I am in London at the moment and have been to National Army museum. They have an awesome section on Crimean War. Those Brits really kicked ass! I am into WW11 but with figures coming out for the Crimea who knows!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Q - to Head for the Guns Hank ???

Hey guys I just looked at my post and it says world war eleven! What a dumb ass! I meant world war two. Sorry dudes!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Q - to Head for the Guns Hank ???

Great Hank!

Glad to know you are on the move making more scenes for your diorama. I'm really looking forward to when your Turkish Troops arrive to see them painted up. You've got to watch the film recommended in the thread above. It will make you itch like crazy for your Turks!

Mssr Murat,

Sounds like it could do us all a little good to sit down together in person and learn the Open Fridge Technique. With your skills and Hanks keg, final painting may be a little rough, but there would certainly be more ... ... in the room by the end of the lesson!

Cheers to all around the world!

Re: to Head for the Guns Hank ,Open Fridge-door Technique

Hello Jersey Dave And Garrison Clay
The Open fridge-door technique of painting is used generally in hot climates.
It is useful, as I suggested to Hank, when the weather is so warm that the model-paint drys almost before you can apply it to the model.
One sits in front of a big refridgerator (obviously turned on; The fridge, not oneself), with its door open and light on.
The models and paints can be kept on the shelves in side and everything including yourself is kept cool.
I had a small table over my lap to rest the models on.
Don't forget to move around now and then to avoid getting frost-bite.
Good luck and stay cool.

Re: Re: to Head for the Guns Hank ,Open Fridge-door Technique

Thanks dude, won't be needing that for a few months yet!

Re: Re: Re: to Head for the Guns Hank ,Open Fridge-door Technique

Actually I don't need it here in England but I will in other parts of Europe.
Here in Northern Europe (I understand you are in London) we don't need such eccentric techniques.
Here in 'Sunny Devon' and specifically the 'English Riviera' it seldom gets hot enough for paint to dry anyway. But in southern Europe one has to find a fridge or head for the mountains.
regards
M

Re: Re: Re: Re: to Head for the Guns Hank ,Open Fridge-door Technique

I was going to say I don't think I'll need it in London, but I didn't want to be rude, dude!

Re: Q - to Head for the Guns Hank ???

Great to see your new works, Head for the Guns Hank! You are also becoming a great photographer.

Your pictures, and the movie clips recommended above, makes waiting for the Thin Red Line Turkish troops even harder.

Thanks for sharing - Cheers!