Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Russian Civil War Question

I recently bought a copy of the film 'Chapayev'. Does anyone know if the uniforms worn by the White Russian Officers Battalion are an accurate depiction of what this unit actually wore?

Re: Russian Civil War Question

those uniforms are those kornilovs death battalion but actually my univerity russian studies proffessor told as that those units that attackt Chapayevs troops were partly local white pesants and workers units. But in soviet era they tidnt want tho show that pesants and workers fought against communists.BTW an estonian future general Tõrvand was commander of ,,white pesant death battalion´´ wich fougth against Chapayev once.

Re: Russian Civil War Question

There was a thread on The Miniatures Page about the film a few months ago:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=146609

One poster thought it represented Kappel's Officer Regiment even though they wear Kornilovsky insignia.

Re: Re: Russian Civil War Question

Thank you for your replies they are very helpful. I seem to recall a reference to Kappel's regiment wearing Death's head insignia, but artistic license on the part of Lenfilm would make more sense.

Re: Re: Re: Russian Civil War Question

my favorit parts are the manhine gun on teh wagon, goodvmovie and dont forget the potato story is what he is famous for.