Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
RKKA and ARMIR

And what about the Italian Army in Russian (ARMIR)?
Over 200.000 forgotten men...

Re: RKKA and ARMIR

Dear Roberto

No more forgotten than any of the others- Romania, Hungary, Finland, Slovakia, Croatia and so on. They are always in official histories and are in the WWII Italian army by Osprey.
Esci's Alpini are a good basis but personally I feel Caesar or Pegasus are more suited to developing a range of the countries above and Italy on the Eastern Front.

David

Re: Re: RKKA and ARMIR

Dear David,
I agree with you. There is a good book coverage about the Italian Army and the other Axis allies in WW2.

But in my post I was mainly referring about the lost memories of that campaign and in WW2. There is still a kind of cultural "shame" in Italy when you try to talk about WW2.

Anyway I don't think that Caesar or Pegasus will focus on Eastern Front Axis armies. But we'll see. Perhaps Waterloo 1815 will release something about ARMIR in the future, after the new Balcanic set.

And I'm still dreaming about an Italian cavalry charge set against the Russians, made by Strelets, of course!

Ciao
Roberto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Roberto

No more forgotten than any of the others- Romania, Hungary, Finland, Slovakia, Croatia and so on. They are always in official histories and are in the WWII Italian army by Osprey.
Esci's Alpini are a good basis but personally I feel Caesar or Pegasus are more suited to developing a range of the countries above and Italy on the Eastern Front.

David

Re: Re: Re: RKKA and ARMIR

Dear Roberto

Yes the Italian 8th Army lost about 50% dead or missing and were important together with the Romanians and Hungarians in the wider battle of Stalingrad.

A cavalry set would be very welcome and a lot of the artillery was of WWI vintage so it would be good for both WWII and WWI. I wait to see if Italeri's proposed sets have useful Italian artillery figures. I am not sure how many AA guns 90/53 and Ro3s went to the Russian front.

David

Re: Re: Re: Re: RKKA and ARMIR

When do we get to see a preview?