Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Austrians

Dear Saigon Saddler & others

I have done a couple of conversions of the Austrians. I hope to get the pics through soon.

David

Re: Re: Dacian infantry and WW1 Austrians

Strelets,

You fired the sculptor of the Dacian sets?

That's another GREAT move by Strelets!

Best regards,
Pete

Re: Re: Re: Dacian infantry and WW1 Austrians

you should've done it even before. i've seen a couple of sets around screwed by this guy. why to pay twice instead of looking for solutions the moment it starts getting worse. Do you remeber the first zvezda sets those russians ang mongols. maybe the sculptore imprved his qualities (if it was so it was a miracle) however personaly i believe thay said goodby to this man and only make a profit by it. so insted of wasting time on such nerds just hire a man with Alex's skills an we,ll all gain and be happy.

Don't knock the sculptor

I will admit that the Dacians are not up to the standards of lots of other sets on the market today.
But that is no reason to insult the Sculptor. I would ask " Could you do as well?"
I expect not. I might, but it would take me weeks to carve one figure.
The Dacians to me look on a par with the old Atlantic figures. I believe that people who like Dacians will by these sets that if it were not for Strelets Sculptor would not be available.
There, and that from someone who is a Crimean fan.
www.chessnuts.biz

Re: Dacian infantry and WW1 Austrians

I'm Painting the Heavy Dacian Infantry at the moment and I have no real complaints. Some of the figures are a bit thin, but I still think they will come in useful and they seem to paint up well. I also like strelets French infantry on the March. I know a lot of people were complaining about guns over right shoulder or Left, but these look very well to me. I'm sure their is a proper way to carry the musket on Parade, but half way to Moscow or the journey back I don't think that such things were big worries for the French Infantry who probably were much more relaxed in their attitude to carrying their kit.

Re: Re: Dacian infantry and WW1 Austrians

Bought the dacians, both sets and I won´t be painting them, they´ve gone to the conversions box, but hopefully as strelets says they will be redone.