Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Napoleonic cavalry trumpeters (and horses)...

Just wonder when we will get a set where the cavalry trumpeter doesn't blow the trumpet?

It´s ok to me if he holding it but I can't imaging that the trumpeter was blowing their trumpets at all time...

Concerning horses I've seen Wargamers horses with wery nice anatomy. Those horses aren't much bigger than 1/72 and the main thing is that they are often made of two or three parts (head, left side and right side). that why they have such good anatomy. When vill we se that solution in 1/72 horses?

Best R.
Andre´B.

Re: Napoleonic cavalry trumpeters (and horses)...

Tumbling dice do loose horse heads like you mention

The trumpeter had a hard job trying to play while riding teh horse .Also try to stay close to officer fot relaying orders.Maybe good to see one with a pistol or blunderbluss.

And concerning horses...

Why are the shabraques always so smal on most horses? I will say espesially horses from Strelets?

The Italeri Carabiniers have to small "heavy cavalry shabraques" and it seems that Strelets are making it again on the horses for the cuirassiers and carabiniers? And the same thing goes for the Lancers as vell...

When looking at old paintings the shabraques always look bigger. It looks wrong when the "portemanteu" is laying behind the shabraque and not on the top of it.

Best R.
Andre´B.

Re: And concerning horses...

Revell British Lifeguard Cavalry had a trumpeter resting his instrument on his knee. That's the only one I can think of. I guess it's the overly dramatic, "Hollywood" influence. Some Hat ring-hand figures (e.g. French Chausser a Cheval) were designed to hold a bugle/trumpet and I think their future peg-arm sets are designed to have the figure holding rather than playing. Interesting point.

Re: Re: And concerning horses...

officers shabraques seemed bigger .contain maps paper pencil nibs ink ?.Maybe soldiers were perhaps ornamental for style protecting despatch from the elements and lessening wear of a side worn sword bouncing on teh leg and wearing out pantolongs.open the debate

Concerning chabraques and portemanteau...

Well...
Locking at french cuirassiers... http://www.histofig.com/images/empire/uniformes/france/cavalerie/francecav_01.jpg
...it clearly shows that the portemanteu was fitted above the shabraque just behind the saddle. Not on the aft horseback behind the schabraque...

And the same thing goes for the carabiniers. Just lock at...
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Napoleon%E2%80%99s-Carabiniers_9781841767093/
...and compare the front picture with the Italeri carabiniers at PSR or the new carabiniers from Strelets...

The same thing goes for Zvezda Guard cossacks. On the front picture big shabraques. But on the horses small ones...

So please, make those napoleonic horse shabraques bigger and take care were to put the portemanteu...

Best R.
Andre´B.