Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Sellers

To buy in quantity it needs to be armies that are are disproportionate in numbers to their opponents.The last army I built in this number was Zulus, But of course the British were far smaller in numbers so for the manufacturer you have a heavy selling set combined with a far lower selling set, but the zulus wouldn't sell without the British.

Other armies I would buy like this are Indian C18/C19 and Dervishes

Renaissance Horse

At the moment all we have for campaigns in western/central Europe is the Revell 30YW Swedish horse plus the odd figure from other sets.

Re: Renaissance Horse

I am hoping Zvezda will soon announce a 17th cent. European cavalry set to go with their recently released Austrian infantry. This set is desperately needed (as shown by the high prices the now very rare Revell set commands on ebay) since cavalry played such a large role in 17th cent. European warfare. If the cavalry set has a mix of light and heavy, these 2 sets (plus some ACTA ECW artillery) could go a long way toward forming several different 17th cent. armies.

Re: Re: Renaissance Horse

If only ACTA would release their ECW cavalry in 1/72, as they have done with their ECW infantry sets

Stuart - "They were copies of Esci hard plastic..."

They were designed by the great Charles Stadden and pre-date the Esci kits by years, whether Esci pirated them or had a licence is unknown, but they also copied the Africa Korp (with head changes), US Infantry etc..

Esci did however have one or two 'new' poses, and both the British Red Devils (Para's) and Smoke Unit (Nebelwerfer) were original (and have heavier sculpting), also the Green Devils (German Para's) in 1:35 and others.

Re: Re: Big Sellers

My bad - I should have said copied by Esci in hard plastic.
Too much good Virginia bourbon keeping the cold Virginia winter at bay!

And why not, it's the weekend!