Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Big Sellers

i agree mr walter,i posted at the other place kind of in response to this,i just received an order today from an ebay seller here in the states i got off of psr.just for fun i scrolled back for a month to see if others collected 1/72 figures as well.i quit counting after 300,and this is just one link out of about 12 based in n. america off of psr.i dont think our hobby is in as dire straits as people might beleive.

tom

Dear Mike

I wrote below that I think one of the issues is the retailers'/importers' ability to buy stock. At the moment there is quite a lot that I want but it is not coming through. This may be temporary but I am almost wishing nobody produced anything new for a few months. Basically to sell well it has be in the model shops or with the mail order company. Perry and Games Workshop are manufacturer/retailers in the UK so their position is different.

anyway

Horse drawn WWII German vehicles eg Hf1 Hf2 and Hf7 would be useful but in hard plastic and detailed not polyethylene crude offerings. Pegasus would do a good version of these - their Mercedes truck is very good. One light Hf1 one heavy Hf2 - two in a box.

Should sell at least 204 boxes

David

I do not wish for doom.

The glass is half full, but it has a hole in it.

Back in the Airfix only days we got one or two sets a year, so even 20 sets in a year is a gift from God.

But it is a far cry from 109 sets in a year.

I am only reporting what has been told to me by people who know the industry. I did a similar thread a few months ago and I can tell you my sources say things are worse now than they were before.

Re: Big Sellers

Yes Mike i need 20 s-r Boxes worth of CW Turks alone to start with.

However i got to make teh do with what comes in big box.Of 4 BIG boxes will be 200 turks perhaps.I will then wait for USA dealers to get some .
With teh first 200figures i will see what skeleton army i can build from them.Then the build .

I also need mules ,a box of pack mules.wake up one of most generic used beast of teh burden to be used .
I want to make mule ambulances and medical carts, balkan carts russian troika carts. etc etc handcarts too.why no ww2 wheelbarrow radio sets?

I like wagons more than you know,also as there were as any as 24 per battalion in any c19th/20th army.So where are they all ? in campaign reqisitioned carts wagons were utilised and often became rig de guerre from then ion.

I like to have a realistic supply column as i like wargaming with authentic resupply system.Hopefully i plan ahead so one day i can enable me to do Campaign Wargaming with figures not little paper markers.

I need 1/72 Fortresses to attack, villages to burn down .So many figures virtually no quality matching scenics in modern day molds.(No do not even mention pygmy conflix 15mm models they flog as 1/72)

Maybe you will get to see my diorama soon and can have a good laugh at it. I hope you see that its not the quality of painting or number of models, it will be the representation.you will see.I think i am on similar wavelength.This is perhaps my last major era collection i am building so i need it to be a good one.

my diorama will be ready next week.I am RACING STrelets release of CW Thin red line(Turk figures Specific).I hope to send out the picture next friday 23rd.

By the Hordes

Be it the Red Army In WWII, The Chinese in Korea or the Mongols and Huns of days gone by, these amries were often percieved by their opponents, particulaiy in the west, as swarms or hordes. Such armies should be avaible in huge numbers.

I would love a large Red Army, half on Parade and half charging. A huge standard corp in the ESCI tradition and lots of specialty sets to add realism.
A Cold War series would be fun too. There isn't a lot of "modern" stuff

Re: Red Hordes

I have them! Half a dozen boxes of Nexus/Atlantic Red Army, all individually based and painted, plus three boxes of Italeri Winter Russians and a job lot of about 1 each Esci, Revell Soviet army and Siberian riflemen 1 box Revell Cossacks
6 KV1(s) 6 T34/76
6 KV 85, 2 Lend-lease Matilda II
4 SU 76, 1 T 60, 1 BA 10 A/Car
4 SU 152 1 SU 85, 1 SU 100
2 BM 13 Katyusha
4 122mm Howitzer
4 76mm, 1 57mm gun, 3 Studebaker US6 trucks
3 37mm AA half tracks, 2 GAZ 67 field cars
1 GAZ 5, 2 GAZ 6 trucks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Be it the Red Army In WWII, The Chinese in Korea or the Mongols and Huns of days gone by, these amries were often percieved by their opponents, particulaiy in the west, as swarms or hordes. Such armies should be avaible in huge numbers.

I would love a large Red Army, half on Parade and half charging. A huge standard corp in the ESCI tradition and lots of specialty sets to add realism.
A Cold War series would be fun too. There isn't a lot of "modern" stuff

Impressive

I've got 7 Boxes of Esci (in three colors and counting), 1 of each of the Revell series(who really should do a horse artlery set too), on BUM set, four or five Airfix's and both Italeri sets (I hope they do Cavilry too). I've got alot of 1:72nd scale armor too. I wish matchbox did a set and I wish airfix 1:32 Russians were scaled down. Hat could tackle a large Red Army over severl sets so could Strelets. For lack of a better term, I want lots of line Infantry. A few more, actually alot more Anti-tank rifle poses would be nice. I'd like to see the Red army covered as well as the WWII Germans and the Romans

Re: Impressive - matchbox and airfix Russians

I wish matchbox had made them too; they put a great SMG figure in winter quilted uniform and fur cap with their T34 kit which showed what might have been. If only!!

I was bitterly disappointed when Airfix reissued their old Russian Infantry without retooling. This set was the first I ever had, but even so, really needs updating for the modern market with a proper sized Maxim gun, better mortar and some LMG's. I never liked the 1/32 set much; the LMG pose was poor (but at least it had one!), too many SMG's and no personal equipment. They were copies of Esci hard plastic figures for the most part anyway and some Hong Kong factories produced knock-off copies in soft plastic for the 'Dime store' market in the 80's.

The soft plastic Esci set has two excellent poses (kneeling and advancing rifleman), the officer is good, LMG gunner passable(although the magazine looks a little small), and makes a good ATR operator, especially when teamed with the Maxim gunner as his assistant. There's an error with the Maxim crew too, as the gun feeds from the opposite side, and the gunner need to use both hands!

The rest of the set is garbage though, and why THREE female radio operators? The Soviets were lucky to get one radio per battalion! If they just wanted to include a female figure, they could have chosen a sniper, medic or traffic cop.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've got 7 Boxes of Esci (in three colors and counting), 1 of each of the Revell series(who really should do a horse artlery set too), on BUM set, four or five Airfix's and both Italeri sets (I hope they do Cavilry too). I've got alot of 1:72nd scale armor too. I wish matchbox did a set and I wish airfix 1:32 Russians were scaled down. Hat could tackle a large Red Army over severl sets so could Strelets. For lack of a better term, I want lots of line Infantry. A few more, actually alot more Anti-tank rifle poses would be nice. I'd like to see the Red army covered as well as the WWII Germans and the Romans

Re: Re: Impressive - matchbox and airfix Russians

I agree with your assesssmsnt of the ESCI set, but their best poses are the best. Maybe a Red Army Female Personel kit would be in order.

To buy in quantity it needs to be armies that are are disproportionate in numbers to their opponents.The last army I built in this number was Zulus, But of course the British were far smaller in numbers so for the manufacturer you have a heavy selling set combined with a far lower selling set, but the zulus wouldn't sell without the British.

Other armies I would buy like this are Indian C18/C19 and Dervishes

Renaissance Horse

At the moment all we have for campaigns in western/central Europe is the Revell 30YW Swedish horse plus the odd figure from other sets.

Re: Renaissance Horse

I am hoping Zvezda will soon announce a 17th cent. European cavalry set to go with their recently released Austrian infantry. This set is desperately needed (as shown by the high prices the now very rare Revell set commands on ebay) since cavalry played such a large role in 17th cent. European warfare. If the cavalry set has a mix of light and heavy, these 2 sets (plus some ACTA ECW artillery) could go a long way toward forming several different 17th cent. armies.

Re: Re: Renaissance Horse

If only ACTA would release their ECW cavalry in 1/72, as they have done with their ECW infantry sets

Stuart - "They were copies of Esci hard plastic..."

They were designed by the great Charles Stadden and pre-date the Esci kits by years, whether Esci pirated them or had a licence is unknown, but they also copied the Africa Korp (with head changes), US Infantry etc..

Esci did however have one or two 'new' poses, and both the British Red Devils (Para's) and Smoke Unit (Nebelwerfer) were original (and have heavier sculpting), also the Green Devils (German Para's) in 1:35 and others.

My bad - I should have said copied by Esci in hard plastic.
Too much good Virginia bourbon keeping the cold Virginia winter at bay!

And why not, it's the weekend!