Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: religious figures

Strelets have Produced a few good Napoleon's in their sets, I have often heard Napoleon being called the God of war would that count?o:)]

Re: Re: religious figures

Druids in HAT Celtic Command

Re: Re: Re: religious figures

The Pegasus D-Day set does indeed have a chaplain kneeling over a wounded man.

051 - Russian General Staff and Hospital Set has a number of Orthodox figues, I have three sets just for the religions figures. A nice procession with icons and flags, etc. They serve my White Russians, RCW, and my Soviet Russians, WWII and my WWII Germans too.

I really like Christian religious figures, I think I have all of them, and I am always looking for more of them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: religious figures

I didn't realise there were so many. Thanks again

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: religious figures

Let's not forget pharaoh himself as in Atlantic sets and Zvezda set and as the bonus figure with Caesar Nubian warriors.
Then the Assyrian and Median divine kings as bonus figures with Caesar Egyptian chariots.
And the Valkyrie with Orion Vikings.

Many Roman emperors were declared divine and therefore would count as religious figures this would naturally apply to their plastic effigies

Orion emperor Domitian? from gladiator set

Emperor in Atlantic gladiators and christians

Naturally the pharoah is also Divine....so any list should include them....
Various atlantic ceasar sets

The Passion

These are not a proper commercial production, but are still religious figures that may be available.

Last Easter I made some mini-dioramas inspired to Mel Gibson's film "The passion", they include religious characters of jude priests, Mary, Magdalene, and obviously Christ in different poses for each scene.

With convertion and sculpting work I made the miniatures for the lashing, the sentence and the cricifixion. I will make further scenes in future.

You can see them here:

http://www.soldatinionline.it/english/Articles/Toy-Soldiers/bThe-Passion-b.html

I made the moulds of the masters of these miniatures, so I kept the masters unpainted and cast resin copies of them for the dioramas.

I can also cast some further copies if someone is interested, and send them by post.
And the masters can be available for a serious production if a producer like them.

Leo

Re: The Passion

Nice figure Phersu.

We also have Jeiwsh high priests from Mars.

I wonder who will be bold enough to give us a figure of 'the prophet' (not wanting to mention his name...)

Re: The Passion

Hello Phersu,

They look really nice indeed,

How should we proceed if i am interested in getting copies of some of these figures of your own production?

Carlos carlosfaro@hotmail.com

The Emperor Domitian

was not deified although the Orion figure was probably Commodos from the film. My same history book is less clear as to weather or not Commodus was deified. They say "No(?)". I think that the gladatorial games were orginally part of a funeral right.

Re: The Emperor Domitian

Indeed they were. It was later when they turned into entertainment but their origins were in the Etruscan funeral rituals.
...but I think we c(sh)ouldn't count all those later gladiator figures as religious figures.

Quite right getting my emperors Confused, incidently Commodus ruled for 13 years the gladiator film would have you believe this was at most 2 or 3...

Cheers

Commodus

If I am recalling my history correctly, I belevie Commudos really was alleged to have been killed in the area. I beleive it was a rigged fight, but not rigged the way Commodus had expected.

Has anybody mentioned the kneeling monk in the Strelets Anglo-Saxons set,who for some reason is holding both arms up.

Re: Re: religious figures

You are right. There is as well a jewish priest in the POBEDA jewish figures for Masada