Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

Dear Carlos,

you are absolutely right in your explanation.
BTW, thank you for your interesting suggestions for the future sets.
Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

My favourite is the figure on the far right. A legionary who has just thrown his pilum. For this pose I am waiting for years! Now I have to convert some Celts on the receiving end.

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

Roman command ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

after battle sets would be really fine. Wounded, exhausted men, dead, stragglers, sergeants trying to reform their units, prisoners, etc.

Cheers,

Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

Very good idea Christiaan!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

We could have all those sets done over again for Roman legion in Winter conditions :-)

We need more Roman Legions, in the name of SPQS - Senātus Populusque Streletsi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

Really do need some command figures - there aren't really any command figures from other sets who match the Strelets sculpts. Zvezda come close in terms of bulk and size, but still look too obviously like they are drafted in from elsewhere.

roman command

Ave The Ferret
I agree,the zvezda do come close but it´s a pain to keep having to buy them and end up with heaps of bods (good for conversions though)and I´ve converted strelets romans into command figs, but,, hmmm, it´s lacking the feel of belonging. I´ve already written on this subject several times, but alas there has been no response. Why do strelets miss out on such an opportunity?, all other main manufacturers produce command bods (either seperate or as part of the sets)Odd one could say.

Re: roman command

A 'Roman Command'- Set from Strelets would we great as well as a set: 'Roman after the Battle' (with wounded and dead horses) as well as a 'Roman Field Camp' (big box with some 'old' Romans. What do you think?

Re: Re: roman command

A command set would be great. But I'm a wargamer and don't need and wouldn't buy the wounded/dead/camp task figures sought by dioramists. Each to his own.

Re: Re: Re: roman command

With some wargame rules, dead and wounded make much better casualty/morale markers than plastic tokens etc, and others encourage the representation of realistic camps and camp followers... (I remember online a classic caption to the photo of a game to the effect that "Chuck is looking embarrassed, because while the Carthaginian camp is a beautiful detailed model, his Roman camp is represented by a table mat with the picture of a bunny rabbit...)

Re: Re: romans after battle

Definately Martin, I,m making a diorama of a Roman v Germans battle at the moment and although I collect mainly for gaming I think the dead and wounded would be usefull but all the sets from strelets still lack a COMMAND UNIT !!!!!! Of all the sets that could possibly be made, resting, fighting, standing around picking their noses bods need boses. I collect virtually everything Roman (1/72) that comes on the market, leaderless or not, commanders can be converted or drafted in from other sets,it just suprises me that strelets haven´t done one yet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

Jan: " We could have all those sets done over again for Roman legion in Winter conditions :-) "

More than that I think we'd want all those sets done over again for Ceasar's legions!
hmmm... HEY: that would indeed mean one serie of all sets in winter conditions also!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

Definately

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

And we would definitely need multiple Strelets' Roman Command sets as well. Of course we'd need Caesar and his Generals, Cleopatra etc. An opposing Command set for Caesar's enemies. The same is true for Octavian, Marc Anthony and Caesar's murderers.

For later times, we would need a command set for Winter campaign, another one for desert campaign (Persia etc.), a navy Command set for expeditions to England and along the Rhine and Danube frontiers. Finally several sets for a triumph and one or several sets for the Imperial Palace. Another one depicting the Roman Senate, Roman priests etc.

Since likely these sets would only be economical in Big Box sets, this would mean that Strelets will have to deliver quite a few Roman sets to make this happen. Think about depicting Roman battles 1:1 :-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roman Legion in Attack

someone´s getting carried away Jan.(nice ideas though)