Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Medieval Turks

Lucky Toys were/are a promising company, their Huns were criticised for accuracy by many but technically were very nice figures. Unfortuately, most of what they have done since - with the exception of the Indians - has been dogged by poor production standards. If they are still around I hope they recover form and do produce the promised sets. I would second late medieval/Renaissance Turks as the Ottomans were a really important military power and all we have at present is one, albeit lovely, set of Janissaries.

Re: Re: Re: Medieval Turks

Dear Graham,

Actually there are 2 sets of Janissaries although I admit that the Zvedza set is way too big. Also for Light Cavalry Types I also use the Mamlukes from Hat or Zvedza (again Zvedza too big and the only opponent to date the oversized Italeri Austrian Infantry).

Best regards,

Malcolm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Lucky Toys were/are a promising company, their Huns were criticised for accuracy by many but technically were very nice figures. Unfortuately, most of what they have done since - with the exception of the Indians - has been dogged by poor production standards. If they are still around I hope they recover form and do produce the promised sets. I would second late medieval/Renaissance Turks as the Ottomans were a really important military power and all we have at present is one, albeit lovely, set of Janissaries.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Medieval Turks

Actually there is no set of Zvezda mamalukes, those big guys you mean are Italeri as well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Medieval Turks

I have been waiting two years for the Vlad the impaler and Turks. I think if I ever want these figures Ill have to go metal....