Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Back to the Big Box and some credit to IMEX....

...for the impresive Korean war big box set that I just picked up today. You get the same vacuformed base that comes with the ACW big box set, nothing to impresive there, but you do get one set of Chinese, one set of Sout Koreans, and tow each or North Korean and American sets, all for just $24.99.

Each individual set costs $8.99 so I got about six sets for the price of three, which isn't to bad. As with the ACW big box, it was a quick and easy and above all ECONOMICAL way to collect a whole range of one theme. That's what sold the sets to me.

I'd like to see Streletes do that with the crusader, napoleonic and roman releases. Even a single sample-sprue apeace set, similar to HaT's Army of Alexander and Persia sets(Hats off to Hat for those two sets :-) ). I'd like to collect all of the Strelets mioni-box sets, if only Streletes could help me/us out like Hat and IMEX have done, as have Airfix and ESCI.

P.S.

Please

Re: Back to the Big Box and some credit to IMEX....

I agree with andrewt's suggestion as I think such boxed set would appeal to many who wouldnt buy them individually....

Battle of hastings bigbox
Battle of samford bridge bigbox
Roman army camp bigbox
Roman army in battle bigbox

Cheers

Re: Re: Back to the Big Box and some credit to IMEX....

I second, second that. there can be a lot of ´wastage´with the single sets. So long as command elements appear. (is it not ´Stamford bridge´?

Re: Back to the Big Box and some credit to IMEX....

stamford it is, keyboard gremlins....

Cheers

Re: Re: Back to the Big Box and some credit to IMEX....

...as long as the Stamford Bridge Command figure is not Roman Abramovich...

Re: Re: Re: Back to the Big Box and some credit to IMEX....

or worse still, Mel Gibson, then one could just chuck historical accuracy out of a big window on the 20th floor