Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: figure availability

I read your post on that "other" forum, tom. Don't know why they would make a fuss about it.
I have the same, but slightly different issue here in Alabama. Tons of Imex, fair quantities of Hat and Italeri (almost only American subjects, though), and only sparse Zvezda, Caesar, and Strelets.
As others have suggested, I go online and pretty much don't bother going by the store. I use Michigan Toy Soldier Company; not for any particular reason, Toy Soldier HQ seems to be about as good, and better for old stuff. I used them both when I lived in Champaign-Urbana.
Good Luck!

Re: Re: figure availability

Here in UK (London) I find Modelzone at Holborn has loads of Italeri, less Zvezda and only sparse amounts of HaT, Pegasus etc - with anything new by those companies generally selling out same day and never reappearing. Strelets are very rarely in stock, so never see big box formats etc.

I spoke to HaT but it is out of their control, down to central buyer (who I assume gets a kickback from Italeri :-) ).

So I have to mail order from F and S Scale Models (Frank and Sue) who do a first rate and very cost effective service. Recommended!

"The only type he has trouble with is Odemars"

Hi Noel, Maybe its the name "Odemars" sets are now sold as "Ykreol" around 10€ a set...

http://www.ykreol.com/boites.html

Cheers

ironsides

Hi Noel, Maybe its the name "Odemars" sets are now sold as "Ykreol" around 10€ a set...

Cheers

Ironsides
That post was 4 years ago. Since Ykreol took over Odemars I have been able to get the figures no problem
Anyone know how or why a 4 year old thread turned up on the forum?

Hi Noel sorry your quite right that caught me out for sure, next time I'LL make sure I check the date before replying.... I think theres someone messing us about at the moment probarbly by posting rubbish on old threads...

Cheers

Noel Campbell
...Anyone know how or why a 4 year old thread turned up on the forum?
Yes. Check when the date changes, and you'll see it's hftgh bringing up a "zombie" thread by just copying what Tom S wrote all those years ago.

However, that shouldn't be possible because Strelets had to delete a lot of old posts to get under Bravenet's quota, and one would assume that this particular thread would have been a prime candidate for deletion as it contains not much of current interest. Even the snide remarks about HaT don't make it stand out; every twunt makes those comments.

Noel Campbell
ironsides

Cheers

Ironsides
That post was 4 years ago. Since Ykreol took over Odemars I have been able to get the figures no problem
Anyone know how or why a 4 year old thread turned up on the forum?

apparently henry thinks ill go all weak kneed because i put in there im from chicago.i didnt think it was a secret since ive mentioned it several times.

head for eth cigarette tom

apparently henry thinks ill go all weak kneed because i put in there im from chicago.i didnt think it was a secret since ive mentioned it several times.

is that Head for the Gnus Henry?

yes the one and the same henry.

LOOKS FAMILIAR [[[[ TOM S

i got a question pulled twice on a different forum,i probably should have posted here instead anyway.i live in the states around chicago and visit probably 5 hobby shops that carry figures.i seem to be able to purchase italeri and zvezda figures more than any others even those based in the states,im wondering what its like by you,do find it harder purchasing figures at hobby shops now or just something local to