Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Russian Inf. Summer Uniform

Paul G,

I think that regulations were one thing, but at least on the Eastern Front there might have been mixing of headdress among units, especially in 1917 as supply became even more erratic. On the other hand, all the photos that I have seen of Russian troops in France and the Salonika front (glad you mentioned it, because the Adrian was also worn by those troops) showed the soldiers with uniform headgear. And, if you want to use these guys in RCW scenarios, feel free to mix heads, as uniformity there was either minimal or else mixed among units in many cases.

As for a mixture of winter and summer uniforms, I'm not sure if I have seen pictures of WWI combat units with a mix but, again, it is probably not impossible (especially if you are depicting two different units that might have gotten mixed up in a fight). Again, in the RCW this was a common occurrence, especially among irregular and guerrilla units.

I wonder if these units presage some Red Army infantry for the RCW in their distinctive 1919 and 1921 uniforms ...