Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: S-r CW skirmish set for plugging the gaps

While we are dreaming, we need to add some British Artillery.

Re: Re: S-r CW skirmish set for plugging the gaps

Uwe put me on to Tumbling Dice British Artillery9in great coats) metal and no size problem.Fit in nicely with Strelets,Emhars and old Garrison metal figs.http://www.tumblingdiceuk.com/historicalrange.html

they take paypal, shipping rate good alsoI'll be buying more in March when i see yet again Strelets dodge teh CW Turkish question

Re: Re: Re: S-r CW skirmish set for plugging the gaps

I was just putting together some Tumbling Dice artillery men today. However, I would rather be able to see the full uniform, instead of having it all covered up by the cloak like TD.

Re: ACW

you forgot one important set(s);
UNION IRON BRIGADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this could be 2 sets(or 2 mini sets), 1 for early war with gaiters, badges & long coats + 1 for later war in frock coat.

Re: Re: ACW

I think I'm coming real close to being fed up with HO figures, what with tons of stuff that is obscure and not directed to guys who want ACW stuff. Yeah, I know, if I want it so bad start my own company etc etc etc.
I'm just getting tired of seeing the same old stuff with new names and colors. I'm going to pack it in soon and start looking for something else to enjoy. This is no fun anymore, certainly when there is no hope or anticipation of sets that I, and others who like some of the same eras, can expect to wee.

Re: Re: Re: ACW

or, for that matter "see."

Re: Re: Re: Re: ACW

Or maybe you were right the first time. The shortage of ACW prospects certainly makes me want to "wee".

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ACW

Well, make sure you wipe it up when you finish.

ho/20MM/1/72 hobby will be dead at 2016 ad

The last battle of waterloo anniversary sets bought by pensioners last spending money. the producers wishing they had made and stocked sets 10 years ago and listened to their collectors.

Now its 2016, the airfix generation approaching rest homes and dieing of broken hearts from the coup d'amour of the sets that never were.

Computer games advances in last 3 years is immense and perhaps we will see existing 1/72 producers branch into historical nano ps/xbox/pc machine gaming.

Perhaps we will see hat,strelets figure art 5dimensional images evolve and survive thru animation appearing in virtual mass trench seige historical battles thru the age of warfare.

Here endenth the lesson from teh 1/72 prophet of doom.

Re: ho/20MM/1/72 hobby will be dead at 2016 ad

Well when they get to the stage where you can do holographic armies for living room sized wargames I will probably bail, although I suspect I can then pass on my 1/72 troops to grandchildren who will get a few hours of enjoyment out of them.

2015 will be a double whammy. It will be the 200th anniversary of Waterloo and the 150th anniversary of Appomattox in the ACW.

Or new technologies....

..such as 3-D printers, rapid proto-typing machines, and three dimensional modeling software, combined with the holigraphic technologies already mentioned;
It will finally be possible to get soldiers on demand, in either hard or soft copy, in whatever uniform, regiment, date, size and physical condition you want them in. In the case of hard copy, you can also get the posses and paint job you want too. Soft copies need not freeze these options.