Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: CW War Correspondent at Balaclava hears hymn being sung

So what, Wise up dude. Its only a tune for ANY gods sake . Song was composed/written in 1848 and very popular amongst troops of both religion during cw.

Jenny Lind swedish opera singer was popular for singing many hymns in those days.She was so popular they called a steam train after her.(Crimean Railway had 2 of those steam engines).

Okay if i ever here a song from Estonia that makes it in teh USA dude we wont care what religion it is.

In a spirit of ecumenism ....

Kert,

I'm Catholic. I sing in my local Parish choir. Many of the approved hymns we sing were originally written by the other denominations .... the stirring 'How Great Thou Art', 'Jerusalem' and 'Be Still My Soul' (Finlandia) are good examples.

We are not surrendering our faith by listening to such music or engaging others constructively ....

Have a great day! Frank

Re: CW War - To Hank and Kert

Hank - Very creative song. I like it. As I'm a product of Catholic school in California, we had a few reworded famous songs too. When the now famous Turk Infantry are produced, no doubt they will be something special!

Kert - I notice your e-Pen-Pal name has gone from "Head to the Work Interview Kert" to "Head to the Work Kert." Does this mean you finally graduated and survived the long interviewing experience and have accepted a job offer? I hope so and if so, Congratulations!

Have a super Sunday Guys!

Resurrection of religious warfare

HAH DAVE ,a timely step.Tilin will be a place not to visit if teh attitude is still hostile as such.
thought those days were over.
oBVIOUSLY NOT....

The (styrofoam) hills are alive, to the sound of .....

Hank,

Nice work. Does confirm my Unified Particle theory. But as a Turkish Crimean War Set devotee, you'd expect that.

Have a great day! Frank

Re: CW War Correspondent at Balaclava hears hymn being sung

hi Dave i myself are willage Catholic ( in Estonian folk tradition means that ,,people or group of persons who are not yet baptised chtholic faith´´ Second point is that i got myslef a temporary job( 2 weeks thanks to a annual film festival ) as guy in cinema who will add subtitels in films.

My other point is that please look my post about Bum figures and please tell me what is inseide of those boxes (http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/2833323740/show/821205)

and one thing more in estonia we have allready Monday and its 00.42

Do yorself a favor Kert

Leave religion out of your movie subtitles or you will change context to a Satanic depth which may engulf your Estonia twenty dolar budget movie industry in the 1/72 mother of all wars.

Congratulations on nailing a job, Kert. Way to go, brother!
Please tell me the subtitles you add to the films aren't in English?
donald

Re: Re: Re: CW War Correspondent at Balaclava hears hymn being sung

Hi Donald,

During my 14 years in Japan, which is a country with literally thousands upon thousands of Native English speaking Teachers and Translaters, even the big companies like NHK (the bilingual TV channel) or NTT (Nippon Telegraph & Telephone) don't use us. Instead they'd hire someone's kid who was born overseas during their father's (forced at the end of a samurai sword's pointy end and walking the Pirate's plank) 3-5 year overseas assignment. It does make for some really funny literature or programs though.

After that experience, if the producers of the Russian 1612 Polish Winged Hussars movie hired Kert to translate it, I'd be the first in line to buy the DVD. With all the TV and Hollywood writers on strike in California and N.Y., Kert should get on a boat and apply for a job here. Even before the strike, my favorite channel was and still is the free Public Broadcasting Channel's (PBS) reruns of the U.K.'s "Keeping up Appearances" as well as other imported movies.

Oh well, "As the world squirms (turns)!"

Cheers Mate!

Re: Re: Re: Re: CW War Correspondent at Balaclava hears hymn being sung

Hi, Dave,
I often go to see Western movies when I'm in China.
The English subtitles are excruciatingly funny.
Translation is, of course, a difficult art & I hope Kert doesn't mind us laughing at some of the results: no offence intended.
donald

Dear Hank if we would live in Tudor era or Victoian era then i would call you sir to a Duell. You are insolting Estonian Movies Yes some of the movies made are REAL CRAP like ,, Malev´´ wich tells that estonians were stupid and allowed germans to conqure us. (www.malevafilm.ee) But in ohter hand this is comedy film. Film Georg is also a crap insoltin a memori GREAT Estonian tenor singer REal Georg Ots was equal to late Luciano Pavarotti but in film he is made a clown.(http://www.georgfilm.com/)But we have made also a good films like Names in Marble - story how Estoinas got theit Freedom
(www.taska.ee/nimedmarmortahvlil)And Stylparty wery good film won several awards and made on of theitr actressis an star(http://www.stiilipidu.ee/)
Ilmar Raags ,,Class`` also won severa awards in Karlovy Vary filmfestivalil strory about school violence in estonian school wich ends school shooting(based on a true story couple years ago)
We have made a lots of films and some are good and some are bad like everywery. If we had such budjeck like Hollywood had then we may also making good films but sadly we dont have.

no problem kert, name your 1/72 weapon punk

come on dude face off Its not my first rodeo

sorry dave i am not translateing that film, and this job is only temprary 2 weeks with salary $30

RAH RAH STRELETS TEAM!!!

Sung to the tune of Rah Rah Rasputin:

Rah Rah Strelets Team

They made Hank wait for the Turks Cry--meen!

Now Hank's getting old and gettin' meeeean!!!

Paul K.

Re: RAH RAH STRELETS TEAM!!!

Merry xmas to you too, maggot. Was not too old to get recalled to service ya p.rick

Whoa! Put Down That Gun Hank!!

Sorry Hank,
I wasn't trying to be insultin' or anythin' towards you.
I was trying to be comical.I was merely trying to point
out that we're all getting older (and crotchety) waiting for Strelets Team to come out with those Ottomans.
Rats!!! Just when I thought I had a hit!!!Well back to
the ol' song writing drawing board.

Paul K.

Re: Whoa! Put Down That Gun Hank!!

No probs i dont take things personally its all in jeste under the crescent and moon ...of course.Its good to laugh when teh tree shakes and we see what falls out on teh forum.chuckle

Re: To "Hank"

Hi Buddy,

Please e-mail me at:

beauideal2002@hotmail.com

Sorry, but I can't find your e-address. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers Mate! Dave Hennen

Hi kert, great you've found a job for a while. succes with finding a fixed job.

Cheers,

Christiaan

kert, connect, network and get yourself in amongst those movie folk

Where there is movies there is $$$$$$$ Socialize and maximise your work.

Hi Hank
As you may now by title i askd more cash and i got fired. But next year i try to you Filmschool that they opend in Estonia so if i can get thre it yould be all rigth but now i have 2 questions does someone have DVD copy of a German film Dresden- das Infenro. I would really like to have one.

Hey Kert,

Sorry to hear your news about your work. But don't worry! A bad job is like a bad girl friend. If she doesn't want you, then you sure as hell don't want her = If a company doesn't want you, then you sure as hell don't want them.

Find a company, or project, where they will compensate you (pay you) with something of equal value for your time.

Keep searching hard. Like fishing in the sea, there are so many fish, but you only need one! Keep fishing and find that "right one." It's out there.

Happy Collecting

Sadly its wery hard to find something

Re: To Kert and anyone else for that matter ...

... "Tough Times Don't Last; Tough People Do!"

Movie world status quo

Hey kert dont think teh grass is greener over here.I was dating a US tv network producer and she was not making what you would consider a good wage.It was an eye opener for me.Very competative and interns/students coming in every year to tv stations on low wages push out established workers, as they forever change the image to meet competitors leading edge for advertisng(major requirement).
It takes alot more than a 40 hour week(often unpaid) to get noticed and build a reputation. must Start small and walk tall.

Some tv people i knew in europe worked for some very good independent companies and they got in on the act by strating in make up,hairdressing and even catering.
They mix and network with the starts and get repeat work contracts.You need to have the skills they need though , little oor no room for learning curves.

The tv and movie companies are notably very mean.
The only people make big money are teh close director/production team and investors who fight the budget to minimum but expect maximum profits .Cut throat business world.