Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great Diorama

A truly magnificent effort -- it brings back fond memories of growing up in Ukraine and watching "Alexander Nevsky" on television, as well as setting up the Battle on the Ice with the (historically inaccurate but very dynamic) Soviet-era plastic soldiers!

One questions for the artists -- I noticed horse archers from the Zvezda and (maybe) Italeri Mongol sets fighting on the Russian side. Is there any evidence that the Novgorodians had any allied contingents from the Horde or other Asian-equipped peoples fighting with them at the Lake? I don't recall reading about that, but would be delighted to be enlightened!

Re: Re: Great Diorama

Very impressive - looking forward to seeing more pics!
All together now;
"Peregrinus expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis..."

Hi Samogon,

some Pruzzen warriors (Druschinik) fought on the side of the Russians. As old enemies of the Crusaders they were happy to do this.

On the other hand with the Danes (most of the Western forces were Danes) we have Tschuden warriors of which we have one figure in the Zvezda set.

Hopefully Osprey will bring out their MAA 436 Eastern crusades so that we can add more Danish knights.

cheers
uwe

Thank you for your admission!

About the mongols, we read in the Osprey and in an old Soviet book I read that Nevsky made peace-agreement with mongols before the battle, so we decided to make more colourfull the diorama with this possible element.

Bye,
TK

Re: Great Diorama

They are the 'ungraded' LW figures.
Here you can see an article and photos about how I repair them:
http://www.freeweb.hu/saswargame/index.php?type=article&value=26&article_language=eng&language=eng&filter=author&first_image=1

TK

Thanks TK

I had forgotten about those LW figures. I actually read your article before and considered converting them. But as you said they are quite expensive for having so few figures.

Thanks,
Juba