Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Weird Wish Lists??

Napoleonic civilians would be nice too! Especially
Spainish. Some could be fighting with pikes and axes
like in the Goya sketches, and other could be going
about more typical actions.

I'd like to see more (or any actually) French and
Indian War figures, or 17th century figures for the
battle of the Boyne, etc. Marine and Japanese WWII
artillery. There is still lots of empty spaces in the
line-up of 1/72 figures.

I know someone who wants Crimean Turks: Hank!

Civilians, baggage trains, typical houses and scenery for each area

.... I want my Tibetan Yak baggage train!

Re: Civilians, baggage trains, typical houses and scenery for each area

With optional lama, Frank?
donald

Re: Re: Civilians, baggage trains, typical houses and scenery for each area

Donald,

Good suggestion. It was Nappy himself that compared the physical to the moral and decided in favour of the latter ... Having two Crimean War Russian Command sets, I now have an impressive Russian religious procession. Great for Russian moral, but what about the opposition.

So yes, a lama or two and associated retinue would be great. Maybe a few choices - the Dally M Lama this year would obviously be in North Queensland colours and be called Thurston.

And my Inca is/are crying out(plaintive 1/72 wailing) for llama baggage trains. The 7:30 from Cuzco is always running late.

And I'm sure one of our number will win the silk pyjama for postulating the need for a three 'l' lllama {apologies to Frederic Ogden Nash)

Have a great day, Frank

Nehpilim, Rephaim and Titans

Bring them on so my Israelites can smite them.

Re: Nehpilim, Rephaim and Titans

Llamas to the slaughter.....

Re: Weird Wish Lists??

Army of Brian Boru to fight all those unchallenged Vikings that are out there now.

Crimean Turks

I wonder if someone will produce these one day? Hmmm.

Re: Crimean Turks

Naked poses seems a great idea - reminds of the 54mm Historex naked figures so beloved of modellers.

Chicago gangsters sounds a fun set - really great for Strelets format - Gangsters, Molls, Flatfoots and G-men all packing serious heat!

Couple of Irish subjects (perhaps because I teach some Irish history) Dark Age/Early Medieval warriors as mentioned above would be great but I would also love to see some figures suitable for the Easter Rebellion and Anglo-Irish War. Could probably double as armed civilians in interwar Europe (Spartacist uprising for example) or even as WWII resistance fighters.

Oh well we can dream can't we (except the gangster set, I reckon that would be a real goer!)

Re: Re: Crimean Turks

Mobsters and gunmen would be cool. Maybe with characters like Al Capone, John Dillinger, etc. Some of these could also end up as partisans/resistance in other wars.

On the Dark Ages I would also like Irish figures that would span the early centuries up to 1200 or so. And also a proper set of Picts since the two available are not so hot.

Medieval Tibetans with super heavy cavalry and horse archers to fight against T'ang China would also be nice. And while on the subject of T'ang China, how about some Koreans to also fight the T'ang?
As you can tell, I like Asiatic armies with heavy cavalry

Re: Weird Wish Lists??

-indians (american war independance)
-staff allied and axe (world war 2)
-indians camp
-american civil war(north and south)
-civilians (all periods)
-modern militia

Re: Re: Weird Wish Lists??

Hi,

Native Africans (set like the friendly Eastern Indians from Imex) would be great,
also other sets like these for dif. periods (Arab, Europian for sev. periods).
But he, I would be lucky with any of the sets you guys asked for either!

Re: Re: Re: Weird Wish Lists??

Maybe an update of the Airfix Tarzan set, but with more natives carrying baggage etc. who could be used as bearers for colonial armies, rather than animals.

One problem with Dark Ages sets is that it's difficult to establish identifiable appearance for them; what did Brian Boru's army look like? My guess is that they'd look little different from their Viking enemies (and allies!). In fact virtually any European army of the time may have looked much the same.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Weird Wish Lists??

That is a very valid point reguarding the dark ages as well as other periods. My answer would be to pick one distict style of the time, arbitrarilly assign to it a nationality and cantury, then produce the a set as if it were the "uniform". Allowing of course, some variations for rank and things like that.

Sort of like doing a set of Romans exclusively in scale armour and calling then calling it the eastern legion, another in plate armour and calling them preatorians, still another in scale armour, segmented armour and so on.

As long as enough sets are done to cover the major/significant styles.