Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Contributions - FYI Jamestown Fort & Indian Palisade

Dear Britsfan,

Thank you for the kind comments.

I was limited to (and lucky to have) 5 complete Hong Kong "Fort Boone" sets. So, the Fort is actually smaller than real scale. But I hope complete enough to give us an idea. I layed out the tents to represent the buildings you saw. I simply had no more plastic to make buildings from the same sets, so in my imagination, maybe our mates in 1607 slept their first nights in tents! :-) I actually hope to upgrade it later.

At the end of the project, I had only 1 or 2 inches of walls left over. In fact, I had only one complete gate of 5 but could see no foreseeable future use for it, so I copied the gate from the Osprey "Forts of American Frontier 1820-91" and put the "Gate inside the Gate." The book states the double-gate was used to control an outbreak of "smallpox." Just possibly, common-sense leads us to believe the "Reception Area" was used to disarm potential hostiles, whether natives or angry trappers.

Although not historically accurate according to archaeolical digs, still, I loved the idea, and couldn't disagree with it and hated to see good plastic sit unused.

Cheers!