Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Jacopites

is it possible to use army of Wallace as jacopites.The question is because GerMan jacopites are soft plastic wonders

Re: Jacobites

It's not really possible to use Wallace's men for Jacobites. There's five centuries between the two and dress and weapons had changed considerably. For example, Jacobites wore no armour, and their swords were the basket-hilted variety. The Lochaber axe carried by Prince Charlie's Hielanders is very much like a medieval polearm, but the clansmen using it bore no resemblance to Wallace's peasant soldiers.
Ian

Re: Re: Jacobites

I think it is possible to "fake" a Jacobite army from medieval figures, but you have to be selective, and it will require some "light" conversions (head swaps, converting mail to fabric, turning pants and leg armor into bare legs, changing shields). I made a few once from the Airfix Sherriff of Nottingham set. Differences in swords can probably be faked with paint. However you will probably only find a few figures per box that are good candidates for these conversions.

What is so bad about BuM's plastic?

Re: Re: Re: Jacobites

I converted Esci Muslim warriors, British grenadiers, Robin Hood and I think some Ancient Britons into a Jacobite army 20 years ago, but I'm talentless at this sort of thing. I'm sure someone more able could do a good job with the Esci figures.
Speaking of Jacobites, it's September: anyone got the GM ones yet??

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jacobites

The only 20mil Jacobites I own are metal and by Irregular of England. Have always wanted to expand the set - are there rumours of new 1/72 Jacobites then???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jacobites

Ger Man are meant to be producing them, pictures via BUM website if you go through the Spanish language entrar. Also, HAT are teasing us about the possibility- see forum for early Sept, I think.