Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Italeri Austrians

I have seen the Italeri catalogue and from the box art work for the Austrians although labelled as 1800 to 1805 they are in fact in their pre 1798 uniforms with Fusiliers in Casquet. With this move by Italeri we will now need the manufacturers to supply us with French for the 1792 to 1800 period since to date the only figures available are the Italeri AWI French INfantry but unfortunaletly these are all flank companies with 2 crossbelts.

Best regards,

Malcolm

1798 Austrians

Great News

For some reason, my alltime favorite Napoleonic uniform was the rather ordinary 1798 Austrian Infantry with the crested helmet. A close second would have to be that of the French Dragoons, mounted or dismounted.

Re: 1798 Austrians

It is one of my all-time favorites too. I don't think it is ordinary. You can choose virtually any facing color for them, (black looks especially good) and the white uniform was actually an off-white, making the cross-belts stand out. Those cool helmets were just too expensive to keep churning out.