Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
You guys are teasing me

Into the valley of death gotta be hussars dragoons lancers and howz about french cavalry n'est ce pas ?

Re: You guys are teasing me

Ouai!! Ou sont les Chass'd'Af??

CAN ONLY BE

Well I'll guess now with the battle box"Into the Valley" being CW British lancers,hussars and dragoons AGAINST Don Cossacks.

Missing in Action

Britain
Royal Horse Artillery

France
Chasseurs D'Afrique

Russia
Don Cossack Artillery (I know Emhars have one etc...)

Turkey
Turkish Infantry - fought in the redoubts above the pass.Lost 3 of 4 lack of Allied support.

Re: CAN ONLY BE

Hi Hank,

you forgot the Russian lancers who attacked in the flank and the Russian square defeding the artillery on the heights Must be a very huge box!!

A train-set for the crimean armies would be another needed set. They had to move the guns, we need ammunition wagons etc.

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: CAN ONLY BE

Oh no, Uwe! Now you gone and done it! More suggestions only means Hank is going to have to wait until another turn to see if his Turks will show up in the production line.

Really, there is a very good Las Vegas Nights chance that the Turk Army will be included in this set. But then, I would really miss Hank's humourous sniveling -

I'm excited about this. After all, it was the Marx HO Charge of the Light Brigade in painted hard plastic that really got me interested in the British Scarlet Red with White uniforms, the Crimea, Roarkes Drift, Islandwana, Khartoum etc.

I really hope they are all new sets, with really great art work on the box, and then I'll re-experience that first "Wow!" when opening a really cool full battle set.

But, if there are no Turks for Hank, then it's "God save the Queen", and the Strelets*R guys!

Happy Collecting!

Re: Re: Re: CAN ONLY BE

I did it just because I like it to see Hank asking for the Turks

Ok, let's say Turkish artillery with horseteams
too

cheers
uwe

you guys are killing me !!!

Its a good job i was born a pessamist. I dont know what i will moan about if the turks are produced (chuckle).

Re: you guys are killing me !!!

Well Hank, I think Uwe just helped you out. If you see the Turkish Infantry in the new Balaclava set, you could then say, "Here's the Turkish Infantry, now where are the Turkish Artillery ... and then ... Where are the Turkish Cavalry?" So it looks like you have 2 cards to keep in your back pocket for at least the next 12 months or so.

Cheers Mates!

Re: Re: you guys are killing me !!!

And after this we will ask for the Polish legion in Turkish pay and the Greek bataillons on the Russian side

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: Re: you guys are killing me !!!

Ah!, Legionairres, mercenaries, adventurers, romantacists and thrill-seekers. I don't quite know how you box-em-all-up, or in some cases uniform them, but some surprise sets of these sure sound exciting!

adventurers

Dave, i think they were more like the spillage of over populated europe's briggands,cut throats jail evaders, debt
dodging, Unemployed weavers(industrial revolution).Disease ridden drunkards(daily grog rations) and thats just the officers let alone the enlisted men..

Re: adventurers

Sounds like Bashi Bousocks to me

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: adventurers

Why thank you, Hank. I think I resemble that remark!

Have a great weekend guys.