Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Which Medieval sets do we need the most?

Early medievals would be nice, especially some Byzantines. It's really weird how some really important armies can be totally left out - until recently no Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Normans, Arab-Moorish, late Romans or Byzantines. Mercifully, this is either rectified or in the process of being rectified with the exception of the Byzantines - so these are a really important gap.

I'm surprised what you say about Goths. We have loads of Dark Age stuff now that can quite happily be used as Goths without any stretch of the imagination - in fact we even have a couple of authentic Goth sets from Hat (althought I admit the Visigoth miniset is not great). I do use Hat Celts as Goth cavalry, not all the poses admittedly, and apart from helmets being slightly wrong and the spine down the centre of the shield they are perfect and they serve to adda bit more variety to the actual Hat Gothic cavalry. Fall of the West/Dark Age has gone from next to nothing to absolutely exponential in the last couple of years - it is amazing how new periods are being broken into and very swiftly filled out.

Delivering and recieving blows

I would like to see a specific "desperate close close combat" set, where all poses would bee two oposing fighters, eg, a swordsman delivering a blow with a sword against his opponent who recieves it in his head, his head and upper body being pushed backwards. A swordsmanblocking(with the flat side of his sword, not the edge) a swordsblow from an opponent, two soldiers wrestling on the ground,a knight holding another knight strangulation/neckbracking style from the behind with his left arm trying to stab trough the neck with his right. Some dead/wounded poses(better that strelets Agincourt, more like pegasus omhaha beach style)etc.

Re: Which Medieval sets do we need the most?

A very interesting thread. I'd like to add my own twopenneth. I'd like to see:
1. Byzantines and their enemies for the Wars of Justinian and Belisarius. Some of the 'enemies' are available already, but what about some Sassanids ?
2. Byzantines and their enemies for the wars of Heraclius, Sassanids as above, but also some Arab Conquest figures, Avars and Slavs.
3 Byzantines and their enemies of the 9th-10th centuries, particularly Russ, Bulgars and Slavs.

Would it be possible to set up a Poll on the site to register people's oppinions ? Now, there's a thought; Poles and Prussians...

Aelfryth