Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The Great Dioramas of Uwe Wild and Co.

hi uwe, glad to hear of your projects and look forward to seeing them as well in the future. i also found the bunker hill project inspirational. i'm working on a much smaller project for my father on the battle of king's mountain. he wants a display for his shop. i'm having trouble finding a figure to depict major ferguson who wore a hunting shirt and was shot off his horse. he'll have to be converted of course. anyway, just wanted to add some praise to your projects.

Re: Re: Re: The Great Dioramas of Uwe Wild and Co.

Hi madpenman,

thanks for the praise:-)

King's mountain sounds very interesting. How big do you want to make this diorama? This wooded hill would be very difficult to make.

Hm - Ferguson. It was a loose shirt, at the moment I am thinking of a Celt or an Apache. A frock-coat would be too short. This will be a very interesting conversion.

I hope you will show us pictures of this diorama? Good luck with it!!

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Dioramas of Uwe Wild and Co.

hi uwe, the diorama base will be about three feet by two, so it is a small diorama, with only around 80 figures or so. the british position was the top of the mountain, as ferguson did not think the americans would attack his force. i'm planning on visiting the actual site sometime this summer, and i went there once as a child, so it's foggy in my memory. i think i can build up the ground with styrofoam and a thin plaster layer. trees will be mostly pines from woodland scenics. the british will be mostly the accurate ones. i've made a few casualty conversions with the imex artillery sets. and of course the yanks will be the old accurate ones. ferguson was mounted, so an italieri dragoon may work. i thought of cutting the bottom legs at the waist and then putting the top of another figure for the upper torso. the idea is to catch that dramatic moment of fergusons death and the disintegration of his force's cohesion. it's a shame about ferguson, from my reading of him i actually admired him as an officer. his fate should have been tarleton's, to people around here. cheers and thanks for the encouragement!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Dioramas of Uwe Wild and Co.

Yes the Italeri dragoon is a good choice. Three feet by two is not too small and will be a lot of work, especially the groundwork.

Ferguson was really a good officer. He led Washington go when he had the chance to kill him. And he introduced the first breach-loading musket.

A pity that the Americans got him and not Tarleton.

Good luck with the diorama

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Dioramas of Uwe Wild and Co.

Don't forget the Imex Alamo Defenders set, which has a few figures in hunting shirts. The Davey Crocket figure had both arms raised making him best fodder for conversion, IMO.