Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Trenches ... 19th & 20th Century Trench & Seige Warfare

Hi Dave,I dont know why there isnt more focus on diorama things.Your "slice" sounds good in concept and theory.I'd expect a Russian company to make a Mmalakhof/Mamalon.Ands as you say its suitability for American Civil War may attract big dollars.

Really i'd expect a big battle set from each major 1/72 manufacturer to include a strong point of some sort.

The airfix forts were the best thing at the time and i did get them all plus many more figures to game with.

God knows how many of us have to raid train set accessories etc.Just not enough wargaming diorama sets like these.

Bellona didnt quite get to the standard it should have.Conflix is REALLY 15mm way too small to say they are 20mm (utter bee ess of them to promote it so).

I think its back to drawing board and seeing whats up.

Re: Re: Re: Trenches ... 19th & 20th Century Trench & Seige Warfare

Hello Hank,

Yes, I agree. Some well-thought-out accessory sets would benefit the hobby, and like the old Atlantic soft plastic forts, towns, accessory sets would end up becoming classics.

The Airfix forts were a dream come true for kids, and as conversion parts, the same for adults.

The Marx HO sets with accessories were tops too!

As for my tastes, I simply do not enjoy big chunky plaster or heavy resin stuff. I like soft plastic soldiers and the hard plastic Airfix Fort Sahara is great for conversions, yet still light.

I bought up about a dozen Atlantic Far West Town sets off eBay, at a small fortune, to make a kind of diorama of the Boer War "Relief of Ladysmith." Just a small Main Street kind of scene. This was how it became obvious that a Trench & Seige Warfare accessory set could easily be possible.

It would be easy to make some solid pieces at home, but I would rather spend my time making money, and then spend my money on S*R products. :-)

I wish the S*R Team would reconsider doing this. If the first letter to them was lost, I could resend another copy of the general idea to them.

Anyway, it's all for fun!

Happy Dreaming & Collecting

Re: Trenches hammered for Malakhof/Mamalon diorama

Couldnt agree more. The Strelets format is so well set up for dioramas that it only seems logical to create the scenes/forts/trenches/buildings to go with them.

I know there are punters out there that will always make their own but having worked on a couple of scenes myself recently, it is time consuming.

Let me see....... yep a couple of redoubts to go with the Borodino/Crimean sets ...... and in a modular format, we are in business.

Incidently Dave, I could not find your earlier letter that you refer to. Any chance of a repost???

regards Mike McA

Re: Re: Trenches hammered for Malakhof/Mamalon diorama

Dear Mike McA,

I'm afraid my drawing and letter were actual papers. I postal mailed these directly to the Strelets-R address on their box. So unfortunately, there is no on-line trail. All we can do is cross our fingers. :-)

Cheers - Dave