Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

I personally don't mind grenadiers in bearskin and greatcoat- the Revell ones are getting impossible to come by, and I need quite a few to form the elite companies to go with the Hat young guard set (which I mostly just use as line fusiliers). I DO agree it would be nice to have some in skako and plume as well though!

Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

Dear All

With all the respect I Have for the creative skills of our STRELETS Friends.
According to the bearskin and the red/green collor of fringes / epaulettes, what is actually shown on the box art are old Guard Chasseurs but not Grenadiers.
Just change the name of the set
More over Red plumes and cords were not worn on bearskins during campaigns for they were too fragile and expensive, therefore they were reserved for parade days.

Regards.

Pat

Re: Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

The men depicted are indeed chasseurs and not grenadiers. I am curious to see the actual figures. I would prefer them to be grenadiers as it is far easier to cover the plate then to paint one. But the are very welcome indeed. I would also like some grenadiers in shako's. I notice a standard bearer and a drummer, but I wonder if strelets will include both in the mini set. I guess they will go for a drummer like hat does.
I would be funny if they were chasseurs as that would mean that two sets, of this uncovered subject would be produced at the same time. :-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

Let's hope that Strelets hasn't printed the boxes yet.

Btw, what a smart move to start producing figures in Winter outfit. I guess that less than 10% of all figures that we have for all periods from Romans to Modern would be suitable for warfare in the cold season.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

A very good idea indeed. Now I can buy lots of figures without having to worry much about the long cue of soldiers I still need to paint :-)

thanks!

In the pastI suggested frequently on this forum to create wintersets for the Russian campaign/french retreat.
So I'm very glad to see Strelets creating infantry ánd cavalry sets for this period.
And the guard-grenadiers/-chasseurs(?) will ofcourse find it's way to the many Waterloo-fans.
So I have to thank Strelets from the bottom from my heart!
Just another suggestion: Cossackcavalry in really thick warm clothes will be super for this campaign. With fur around their necks or on their heads etc.; all armed with simple lances.
Would be super!
regards and thanks again
marc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

Of course many generals avoided fighting then if they got the option.
An appropriate set might be of an army in winter quarters...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

Cossacks in winter clothing would be very welcome, they indeed just look so cool in fur. and its a great set for Strelets; what about a mixed infantry/cavalry set, would be really great.

Cheers,

Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: French Grenadiers in Winter Dress

and of course, I'm really looking forward your planned wintersets :)

Value-added cossacks

Plus throw in a few Bashkirs & Tartars with the cossacks....& maybe a priest with Icon & some Don cossack horse artillery: great set!
donald

Re: Value-added cossacks

Hi Donald,

a great idea - Don Cossack artillery and Bashkiers, Kalmücks etc.

cheers
uwe