Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

I'm not asking what to buy, I'm asking if there will be a set of Swedish pikemen released in the future.

I've bought the Strelets set a few years ago, when I started the hobby. I don't like the Zvezda set because the poses are just crap. The Strelets set isn't any better, because the sculpting is ugly. Still, the Strelets Swedes have better poses, so I decided not to buy a box of Zvezda Swedes and paint the set I already had in stead.

An old picture of them when I was working on them:
http://www.bennosfigures.com/images/gnw_wip_swedish_infantry_3.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

Problem with your suggestion Yevgen is that if you wanted to do Narva or the early Danish, Polish and Saxon campaigns you really need to use the Strelets set. If you wanted to do the second half of the GNW you would want the Zvezda if you wanted to be accurate. Using the Zvezda set for early GNW would be roughly comparable to using Bardin reg French Naps for the early Iberian campaigns.

If your interest was in the early GNW I would suggest mining the Strelets sets for conversion possibilities.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

You are right Bill. But you can use pikemen and those musketeers with plug bayonet(old style bayonet) from Zvezda set.

And it-s better make conversation of Zvezda figures, than Strelets. Strelets have a lot of historic mistakes. And their poses are very unrealistic for that period.

Regards

Yevgen Chernov

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

Conversations is talking to eachother.

Strelets figures are almost impossible to convert. The plastic for example is too hard to work with. Also, I can't do any paint conversions because I paint at a high level, so the paint conversion will look like crap.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

Hmm, well so no choice here, just buy Zvezda sets and make conversions and lets hope they will continue their GNW range.

Yevgen Chernov

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

I am painting some Strelets figures... I wondered if there would be a set of Swedish pikemen... and you keep on saying that I should buy the Zvezda sets and make conversions?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

And what did I tell you? It seems that Strelets won't do any GNW more, if they wanted they would already tell us.

I repeat, I have already asked this question to Strelets guy 4 or 5 times(see old posts) and get no response.

My conclusion, they won't produce any GNW in 2 or 3 years, but everything is possible.

Benno, you better ask this question to Zvezda guys, maybe they will answer you. I think that Strelets gave up GNW range, don't they?

Yevgen Chernov

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

I'm thankfull for your comments on using other ways to get some pikemen, and I did read that you said that you asked Strelets multiple times if there would be more GNW sets. Your conclusion that they won't produce any GNW in 2 to 3 years is very helpfull.

Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

On the one hand saying you don´t like Strelets figures (as you did already in another thread) and expecting an answer from them about a possible set of pikeman seems a little bit like a strange stragedy to me btw!
Yevgen tried to help you out, that`s it.
Have fun with your "high-level" painting! Maybe Hät will do a set you like one day... .
Sorry, but it`s getting a bit too quarrelsome here.
Greetings/Groetjes

Re: Re: GNW Swedish pikemen

Perhaps they will.

Groeten terug.