Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Borodino

I reckon I'll be getting me a few of these boxed sets!

So far it looks to be knocking the socks of the zvezda borodino set- and thats no mean feat, despite its few weak points!

keep it up

Re: Re: Re: Borodino

BRAVE MEN OF THE CUIRASSIERS...IN THE NAME OF
THE EMPEREUR...CHARGE!!!

AMAZING SCULPTS, BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED...WOW!
Dear STRELETS please double the amount of boxes
you'll be manufacturing we don't need no shortages
of these beauties. Let's see... 10 French Cuirassiers
Regiments...I'll need 10 boxes!!!

Huzzah!
Paul K

Re: Re: Re: Re: Borodino

Hi Andreas and Paul,

we should write again for a second set of French Cuirassiers charging, maybe it helps

Than a set of Don-Cossacks to have the balance and I am sure, I will buy 10 of them too!

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Borodino

Well I hope strelets has a strategy behind this. Perhaps they will make a mini set with charging figures. The command figures in this set can also be used for a charge. The resting poses would perhaps sell less thaen charging ones so starting with them and including the command figures really makes sence.

But these are superb figures anyway.
I hope strelets will make more boxes the usual because these will sell very well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Borodino

It would indeed be a good idea to give this set a follow up with charging poses (and casualties). Anyway, very good to see what may turn out to be the best French cuirassier set produced so far.
I hope Strelets will take account of the fact that these were big men on big horses and that the size of the cuirassiers will be somewhat bigger than those of the previous Strelets Nap cavalry sets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Borodino

I've heard that this set will also contain 2 old napoleonic sets... a fine strategy to get rid of old figures.
A parallel to the set medieval britain...

Anyway the new figures look very fine and I will buy some sets of course.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Borodino

ENFIN!!!!!!
Des cuirassiers dignes de ce nom!!!!!
René Dave.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Borodino

They've been sculpted by the "good one"...

cuirassieurs in cloaks

I would presume while waiting in reserve they would be wearing cloaks, keeping their beasts warm too.

Re: cuirassieurs in cloaks

Dear Hank,

that's a subject for another set, isn't it?
Regards,

Strelets

Re: Re: cuirassieurs in cloaks

Hi Strelets,Well I do hope so. With some clever sprue design, an optional head dragoon/cuirassieur/carabinier could be done.These figures could then pretty much be generic from Napoleonic(1805) through WW11(1918).

Psst ...Crimean War Hussars convert to Crimean War Uhlans with coats real easy.Head and one lance arm from figure transfered.Make a fair campaign set.

Old metal rider mounting method

btw Many metal wargame manufacturers had their figures cavalry saddle moulded with the figure. A Cloaked Ciurassier figure wouldnt need a saddle.The intended figure shape should also be easier to fit to the horse.

I guess britains and timpo did this with some of their knights etc in 54mm.

Re: Old metal rider mounting method

Also a German metal figure maker does it that way: Art Miniaturen. They mould the saddles with the cuirassiers. Martin