Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
a sled ................

I have a set of
Nexus ATL09 - Russian Revolution
and I havent taken them off the sprue. I dont plan on doing anything with them, I just got them because I thought it was an interesting set and would be nice to have. Now for the question.....the set has a couple sleds in it and I think they would be nice to put on my diorama. But I hate to ruin its mint-on-sprue status. What would others do in this situation ?

Re: a sled ................MUSH

But comrade we need to use them to get ammunition and wood and ferry the wounded.If the box has no cellaphane now you might as well use them. Not really mint now.

Re: Re: a sled ................MUSH

Yeah I did take off the clear plastic wrap. I guess If I ever sell it on ebay I could list it as "almost mint on sprue" haha

Re: Re: Re: a sled ................MUSH

You could make an impression of the peaces in plasticine or wax or something like that and casst the peaces in resin. I have a friend who made great jerry cans this way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: a sled ................MUSH

Is there a page where I can find the process for that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a sled ................MUSH

Dear Dlambia,

If you have a diorama, or wargame, or another use, you should consider using them. I have a bunch of these sleds in my boxes.

When there are more nice Russian Revolution/Russo-Japanese War/Russo-Chinese ... etc figures out from Orion (he does make nice figures) you could easily take an extra Airfix Wagon horse set, cut off the horses with the pole, then use a pin-vise (hand-twist drill) to drill a hole in the front of the sled, and just push it in (keep hole tight) and presto !!! Instant usable sled.

I'm using some Mao Chinese Revolution rickshaws (have 2) for my Orion Boxer Rebellion set. I even made a nice German with a Pickelhaub helmet to sit in it (more make-believe than anything) representing the unfortunate bloke who the Boxers killed thereby setting off the real seige.

I hope you use them, Dlambia. For me, the pleasure you can get from doing something fun with this stuff will give you far greater returns in pleasure than any amount of money!

Have fun!

Re: a sled ................

Play and have some fun!

Re: Re: a sled ................and casting

There's quite a bit about home casting on the Soldatini site - follow link on previous (Etruscan)thread..